Contour lines & building elevations - normally included in topo survey ?

jplee123

Hello. Are contour lines and building (floor, roof) elevation data normally included in a topographical survey? I had expected this from my topo + boundary survey, but the surveyor does not appear to have provided these details in my survey deliverables (attached).  

I created the .plan from the .dwg, having imported all details using Home Designer Pro 2020). Did I do the import incorrectly? 

The vendor has become non-responsive. In case I'm unable to settle this via simple/friendly means, how would I submit and settle a dispute about this?

Here is the text of the agreement, which doesn't specify one way or the other that contour lines & building elevations will be included, so I believe I'm left with standard & traditional service definitions of a Topographical survey.

image.thumb.png.1f6d356be8221e67d05fa74ad52a735a.png

2 additional pages of the agreement include only standard legal-ese (e.g. arbitration agreement), not any further definitions of services. All service descriptions are referenced back to the proposal shown above.

image.thumb.png.fa9b991961666cc6be9b7c065476400d.png

As always, thank you!

Jay.

Topo-217ValleVistaAve.dwg

Topo-217ValleVistaAve.zip

Survey217ValleVistaAveModel.pdf

Roof and floor elevations would be optional information, as would utility information. (see: http://content.aia.org/sites/default/files/2016-09/AIA-C201-2015-Free-Sample-Preview.pdf ) There are many levels of information possible in a survey, and it appears you have received a "basic" survey, which even includes information on adjacent property, and which is usually optional. So, while you may have been hoping for more, I don't see that the surveyor provided less than requested. On a flat lot such as this, since contour lines are usually at even foot intervals (and often at two, five, or ten-foot intervals), you might have one contour line max, which would be kind of silly. 

2 hours ago, jplee123 said:

The vendor has become non-responsive. In case I'm unable to settle this via simple/friendly means, how would I submit and settle a dispute about this?

Here is the text of the agreement, which doesn't specify one way or the other that contour lines & building elevations will be included, so I believe I'm left with standard & traditional service definitions of a Topographical survey.

When you are spending that amount of money it is up to you to make sure there is a clear understanding of the work that is to be done.

Also it is often a good idea to be on site when the work is being done as there can be communication breakdowns with employees.  It is a lot simpler to just make sure everything has been measured before they pack up their tools than it would be to have them come back to the site a second time.

From your PDF it appears that they did do the work that would normally be required.

Looks about right to me too, Roof wouldn't be normal in a Topo Survey, though the Surveyor has not labelled the 1st Floor Floor Height nicely for you on the PDF which they normally do around here. ( bottom of front Door sill for example) but in your case I think they might be the 676.01 ( front door) and 676.14 heights ( back door )

your Plan file is empty (zip) which usually means you zipped it while the plan was open in Chief / HD Pro.