Footings for bearing walls

EconBlueprints

I have a plan that requires a bearing wall in the basement.  No problem, draw wall, specify foundation wall, and there it is. But, the footings for this wall do not extend beyond the ends of the wall, and neither end of this wall is connected to an outside wall.  The footings show up as actually being short of the wood frame bearing wall above.  Is there any way to manually adjust the ends of the footings so they go beyond the ends of the walls above?

Thanks,

Lane

3 hours ago, EconBlueprints said:

Got it, thanks.
I drew a wood partition wall, then changed it to a foundation wall.  No good.
I drew a foundation wall, and changed the wall type to wood wall.  Good.

Well...I just learned something I never knew.  Thanks. 

For these situations, which is often the case for interior support walls, I use p-solids for footings that way I can control them.

Deselect footing and add your own footings.  It's easier.

I've even built an entire floor that contained only footings.  Basically putting footings on its own floor.

20 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

For these situations, which is often the case for interior support walls, I use p-solids for footings that way I can control them.

Deselect footing and add your own footings.  It's easier.

I've even built an entire floor that contained only footings.  Basically putting footings on its own floor.

How do you handle stepped footings in this case?

7 hours ago, misterwiley said:

How do you handle stepped footings in this case?

For stepped footings I draw the p-solid in an elevation view and set the depth. 

Drawing in elevation I can use a standard polyline and trace out the step. 

Then convert polyline to p-solid and set the depth. Go back to plan view and place it where I need it. Usually  centring it on a foundation wall. 

Then I go back into elevation view, add breaks to my wall and drag the wall bottom to snap to my p-solid stepped foundation. 

Of course you can step a foundation wall with footings the same way just that you loose control of the independent shaping and visibility of your footing. 

Here is the master, Scott Harris from Chief showing that method:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/6185/foundations-for-extreme-slopes-lake-point-project.html