Horizontal Railing

NectarDesign

Is it possible to create a privacy railing like this example picture? In the wall/railing dialogue box, I've tried the panel option, with the horizontal rail profile, but the horizontal rails are too wide and far apart...  before I spend a day attempting, maybe there is a quick solution... maybe a 3d symbol vs messing with the railings dialog box?

Here is the model with my vertical railing, which was easy enough to create... but now the clients want to see what a horizontal one looks like.

HorizontalFence.jpg

Entry-Screen.jpg

1 hour ago, NectarDesign said:

Here is the model with my vertical railing, which was easy enough to create... but now the clients want to see what a horizontal one looks like.

Entry-Screen.jpg

Something like these ......

image.thumb.png.5e5aa60f8c65e87be9a8b61eca7fa893.png

If you fill in your Sig. with the Software Version etc , I may be able to help you.....

M.

22 minutes ago, NectarDesign said:

Signature line updated, I think...

Hi, My Panels above were made in X10 , so it appears you will be able to Use them...... check back in a few minutes and I will export them from My library and add them to this Post.

Okay , I have included the 3 different heights and a Wall Type for doing things like the Pic below, and the Materials used and a couple of other Cedar and Cable Railings I made a while back too.... 1 caveat is that Panels like these don't stretch and hold the Board Sizes eg 1x4, stretch the Panels and they will look like 1x6 Boards. You can use the size of the Panels to figure Out Railing height etc so the Boards remain 1x4. (right click in Library and choose Open Object)

MHD Cedar 1 x 4 Horz. Slat Fence Panels.calibz

image.thumb.png.f5c658b7269fb6541a6fa8d1cc9abf40.png

Mick.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NectarDesign said:

Is it possible to create a privacy railing like this example picture? In the wall/railing dialogue box, I've tried the panel option, with the horizontal rail profile, but the horizontal rails are too wide and far apart...  before I spend a day attempting, maybe there is a quick solution... maybe a 3d symbol vs messing with the railings dialog box?

HorizontalFence.jpg

Entry-Screen.jpg

Did a quick video how to make this railing for you...hope it helps. 

• Upvote 2