Cad Line Edit X6

jessde

seems I'm having a number of little glitches since downloading X6.

The irritating one today is trying to change cad lines sizes,. Simple in X5 but can't change no matter what I try.

In the past I've always just selected the line, opened it for editing and changed the size.

Simple right? and I'm wondering why this has been changed in X6 and how it's done now or if I'm having a problem at this end.

I've tried this in new plans and existing ones without success.

Help is appreciated.

seems I'm having a number of little glitches since downloading X6.

The irritating one today is trying to change cad lines sizes,. Simple in X5 but can't change no matter what I try.

In the past I've always just selected the line, opened it for editing and changed the size.

Simple right? and I'm wondering why this has been changed in X6 and how it's done now or if I'm having a problem at this end.

I've tried this in new plans and existing ones without success.

Help is appreciated.

What exactly IS happening?  Can you select the line?  If so, are you getting any options?  A little more information might help.

Ok .  I draw a line, select it, open it to line specifications  and change the line weight to a number other than what is previously selected.  

The line weight specifies layer and a line weight of 18. I tried changing it with and without layers checked. neither works. This is how I have always done this starting with X3. I don't get it.

Works for me.

Are you using the latest update (16.4)?  If I remember correctly, there was a bug in one of the earlier versions having to do with line weights.

Are you making sure "By Layer" is unchecked?  If it is checked, then the program will use the layer settings, not the settings for the cad line.

If all else fails, post a plan or contact tech support.