Aamir77

Rope Light on ceiling soffits

I have tried to make the rope light above ceiling soffits with surface mounted tube lights used as floor mounted lights (red arrow signs in pic# 2). In ray tracing lights are showing pointed with gapes among them(pic #1) whereas I have wanted to make its smooth continuity along the ceiling soffits.Any clue how to make such a rope light?
I just imitated it in rendering with a high-intensity emissive property solid bar (in pic #3) which does not lit up in ray trace.
Any solution?

19-7.thumb.jpg.3e2605c9b67436077cf7610f6d14c699.jpg5b8403f708444_19-sample-Copy.thumb.jpg.fb4cb71f74815df6ab9dd41ec1e885e1.jpg18-15.thumb.jpg.9274a67f56737a5696d863b959b8623b.jpg

Aamir, After reading your post again and trying a couple techniques I can see a google search may not answer your questions. Sorry I can't be of more help. Did you figure it out?

The best you can do is create many closely-spaced lights and adjust their illumination properties until you achieve a satisfactory result. You will have to compromise between rendering speed and appearance.

5b842b3a581d0_Dining2.thumb.jpg.27b9ba3b3d3930e7dbcc75f83dc2caa6.jpg5b842b42cef74_Office8.thumb.jpg.2406f12e7bd4d17fe78be387df02b50c.jpg

16 minutes ago, rlackore said:

The best you can do is create many closely-spaced lights and adjust their illumination properties until you achieve a satisfactory result. You will have to compromise between rendering speed and appearance.

5b842b3a581d0_Dining2.thumb.jpg.27b9ba3b3d3930e7dbcc75f83dc2caa6.jpg5b842b42cef74_Office8.thumb.jpg.2406f12e7bd4d17fe78be387df02b50c.jpg

Ouch....Thought there was a better way?

I am unable to achieve the required outlook even with different techniques as yet.

18 hours ago, Aamir77 said:

I am unable to achieve the required outlook even with different techniques as yet.

I posted a symbol here that may help.

34 minutes ago, rlackore said:

Great idea but could not download the symbol.

6 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Great idea but could not download the symbol.

You should be able to just click on the link (or right click>save link as). It downloads fine for me.

9 minutes ago, rlackore said:

You should be able to just click on the link (or right click>save link as). It downloads fine for me.

Thanks Robert, it actually tries to load in to X9. I'll see if can use it from there. But won't open, says it was written by a later version - too funny. Laughing at myself.

Changed the association in Win 10 and imported fine. Haven't looked at it yet - thanks. Wow have no idea how you did but it' pretty cool. Not so cool that it takes that much work to create a very common light source.

42 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Changed the association in Win 10 and imported fine.

This is a known Issue with X10 , it does not update the File Associations to X10 for the Library items etc , has been happening with my posted Libraries too.

13 hours ago, rlackore said:

It might have been created in the latest program than mine x9 which is of no use to people using x9 and earlier. 

On 8/27/2018 at 7:48 PM, HumbleChief said:

Information in these links does not provide the solution to make the simulated light glow during the Ray Trace. Somehow I tried to tweak with the settings and get as close as I18-18.thumb.jpg.4ce3c28a86e8b91802c5399f5cf581b6.jpg could but irritating part is the glow just at the centre of each light source.

21 minutes ago, Aamir77 said:

Information in these links does not provide the solution to make the simulated light glow during the Ray Trace. Somehow I tried to tweak with the settings and get as close as I18-18.thumb.jpg.4ce3c28a86e8b91802c5399f5cf581b6.jpg could but irritating part is the glow just at the centre of each light source.

Yes, as I said in the third post above, Again, sorry I'm could not be of more help to you.

Perhaps Robert can share his technique to create rope lights?

On 8/27/2018 at 11:48 AM, rlackore said:

AFAIK, this is the only answer. There is no easy, automated solution - you simply have to bite the bullet and do the work.

On 8/27/2018 at 10:01 PM, Aamir77 said:

Spotlights placed at close proximity and pointing upward, no shadows

gathering_room.jpg