From mac to Windows

para-CAD

I just upgraded to a new computer [custom windows build] and Chief is a bit different than on my macOS system. 

After searching:

1. Google

2. YouTube

3. chief-architect-current-reference-manual (X10)

...I'm still trying to figure out how to switch the zoom in/out to match the mouse scroll wheel (windows only issue - mac works as expected).

Currently: as I scroll the wheel away from me, the drawing and layout both zoom in (enlarge)

Goal: I would like to reverse the scroll wheel zoom direction so that scroll away zooms out and scroll toward zooms in.

I'm sure there is some easy setting in CA I need to check...but I'm not finding it.

Thanks in advance for help with this.

~

Mike

I guess windows does not consider it to be an issue. Must be a low percentage of Mac users switching back to windows.

Nothing that I am aware of in Chief or the current version of windows 10.

Hopefully someone knows a hack or maybe 3rd party app that can do it for you. ;)

Update:

Yes, a wireless Logitech mouse has the scroll direction option.  Great suggestion. 

With that mouse, I can zoom the drawing out by scrolling away or closer by scrolling toward me.

A wired mouse, however, is still backward to that.

From my ancient windows days, I remembered an app called AutoHotkeyScript that among other things could be used to reverse the scroll direction for the entire system (application irrelevant).  That works, but unlike olden-days windows, placing it in the Start folder no longer works...because that method is gone. 

So when I power up the first thing I just double-click the file ReverseScroll.ahk and all is good.

On 8/18/2018 at 8:56 AM, MarkMc said:

Registry hack listed here

Found similar on some other trusted sites. There is some software out there but I don't know it, appears old, and the issue has changed since initial Win 10 launch.

Edit- if you are new to Windows- always back up registry before making changes, always. 

I tried that.  No joy.

39 minutes ago, para-CAD said:

Yes, a wireless Logitech mouse has the scroll direction option.  Great suggestion. 

With that mouse, I can zoom the drawing out by scrolling away or closer by scrolling toward me.

A wired mouse, however, is still backward to that.

Logitech Mice and Trackballs with the Options Software eg the M510 or MX2  have the reverse Function but Older Mice and Trackballs using the SetPoint Software do not. ( At least on my systems )

Been a few years since I used AutoHotKey but am surprised you can't run scripts from the StartUp Folder.

M.