X6 Update

Arielle_02

Hi,

I received a message asking me if I want to update the X6.  I said yes and download it. But Norton didn't recognize it.  So I'm not sure it really installed, I'm still receiving the updating message every time I open Chief Architect. I would like to know if it's from a safe source and what to do to ignore the Norton warning.

Thank you for your help. 

If you still get the update message, the update did not install (You may have to turn off Norton temporarily to allow the procedure to run as designed. Or you may have to locate the downloaded file and then manually install it (find it and then double-click on it to get it started). If you used MSIE to download it the file should be in "My Documents - Downloads", If you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox it will be in Chrome's or Firefox's download folder depending upon what you use as a browser.

DJP

I have Norton 360 installed. This warning message pops up all the time when d'loading the installer. It's just that Norton does not recognize the file type. Hit ignore (or whatever) and continue on your merry way. No need to close Norton at all. And there's no harm done.

A few years back when I had Zone Alarm installed, that was a different beast altogether. That had to be closed down