Drawing INSIDE corner window

HStone

Inside corners should work the same as outside corners.  You need to drag the windows really hard past the corner to get them to merge.  The one limitation that I know of is that you can't have any windows that merge on both sides.  It's only going to be one or the other.

I submitted this (inside and outside corners) to Tech Support and was basically told what Dermot just told you. Be that as it may, this "tool" or "feature" sucks wind. It is NOT reliable and is a dice-roll whether or not it works or not. This needs to be repaired to a point where it is reliable and professional grade.

DJP

Thanks for your input, all. I tried a dummy set up and made the inside corner window work perfectly. Apparently it is something about the particular configuration I am trying to use it in that is causing it not to work. The two windows are each above a floor at a different height frm the other. Maybe that's the problem. 

Henry

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back with the inside corner window problem. There is something about the configuration that won't let it work. This is an as-built condition and I need to get it right. Anybody want to take a look at the file and see if they can make it work?

2 hours ago, HStone said:

I'm back with the inside corner window problem. There is something about the configuration that won't let it work. This is an as-built condition and I need to get it right. Anybody want to take a look at the file and see if they can make it work?

post the actual .plan file , just make sure the Plan is NOT open in CA when you attach it, as CA locks the File when open and it won't upload and someone will have a look no doubt..

M.

Here is the file; There are two inside corners on this that are supposed to be glass corners where porch meets kitchen. I can't make the program draw them for some reason. Works fine if I make a dummy to practice on. Appreciate any ideas. (I use X10).

Henry

Proposed2.plan

You have 4 invisible walls right there and a 1 tread staircase you don't need too? , 1 room divider will give you the step down by altering the room Floor Height.

Your two windows are different sizes / at different heights ...that is the issue I think... and possibly the Window separation still at 2" in the Defaults.

***Edit ...it appears Scott and I are both correct the Window won't form correctly if the Wall Divider is at the Corner and they aren't the same size.

2 hours ago, HStone said:

I suspected as much, but in fact there is an 11" change of level there and I don't know how else to make it draw.

H