Getting selection of items on locked and hidden layer

MarkMc

9 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Is there any difference if you are using a Stock or Custom Layer set or Stock or Custom Layers ?

I switched to the OOB Kitchen and Bath layerset. I could not select the roof planes that I was able to select in my custom layerset. I then switched back to my custom layerset and I could no longer select the roof planes in it. I changed one layer from off to on in my custom layerset and I could select all of the "off" items I could select before. I went back to the OOB Kitchen and Bath layerset, turned a layer off, and I could select the same "off" items as my custom layerset. It appears that any change in a layer display contributes to problem.

I went to the OOB HVAC layerset; couldn't select the invisible items. Turned a layer off, I could select all of the off items. Went to the OOB Grading Plan layerset; I couldn't select any "off" items. I only changed the color of a layer in that layerset and I could then select all of the "off" items. Apparently any change in the ALDO triggers the problem.

32 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Is there any difference if you are using a Stock or Custom Layer set or Stock or Custom Layers ?

I have been having an random problem with copied layers in ALOD not showing up.

Been having some Random Issues too , but have been think it was Pilot Error of something and usually just restart CA . My ALDO Window is always open on the 2nd Monitor for convenience , Library too if I am using it...

1 hour ago, Ridge_Runner said:

It came back. If I make any change in the current ALDO layerset I get the "broken" behavior.

How long was that and is it typical that it is ok for a while when the plan is first opened and do you remember if you used undo at any point ?   Is it a whopper plan file ?

2 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

How long was that and is it typical that it is ok for a while when the plan is first opened and do you remember if you used undo at any point ?   Is it a whopper plan file ?

1. It came back in just a few minutes, right after I made a change in the layerset.

2. It was OK until I changed the layerset.

3. Didn't use undo.

4. It is a pretty large file - 3-levels with some rock details - about 40Mb at this point; will be more with all of the textures included.

I've still occasionally gotten this but far less trouble than it was. Was nearly impossible to document but I did finally get one plan to support that they were able to reproduce. When it happens it's always been on plans that were heavily worked, lots of save as. Added plan views and layersets, usually have multiple plan views open-from what I can tell it's more likely when creating a new plan view and yes working in the ALDO is a consistent part of it (that's where I always work layers).

Most often save close solves the problem. Sometimes save as makes the problem stay away longer. The one plan that was a big problem I did an edit area and moved the whole thing to a new plan (PIA) So short answer is I don't know.:blink:

This ALDO thing has gone crazy. Now if I turn on the reference display in my "basement work" planview, align a CAD item with the floor above, and then turn the reference display off, I can't select some of my text nor manual dimensions. I can select the dimensions created by the Auto Dimension tool but not the manual. I found that if I change to another planview and then change right back to the "basement work" planview everything seems to reset and I can choose the text again and the manual dimensions. So, I just turned ALDO off and pull it up when I need it. Too bad because I like the functionality of having it on all of the time. Maybe in X11!

I have been working with Chopsaw to see if he could duplicate what is happening. He didn't at first but the plan I sent him (very large) finally "broke" for him also. He sent it in so they would at least have a log of the problem. Thanks, Chopsaw.

• Like 1