Designer1

Double monitor...

Does anyone have any opinions on using Chief with two monitors?  I actually have a brand new monitor Ive had for a few years but its just sitting in the box and havent used it yet.  The one I have is big enough but keep hearing that chiefs X9 has the ability to use both monitors.  Is it worth having another monitor taking up space on the desk?  Does chief behave any differently with two?  Is it challenging to get it set up and have chief recognize the second monitor?

Thanks!

I'd say most everyone is using multiple monitors. It's the OS that manages the monitors so nothing special for Chief, now that its been updated.

""Is it challenging to get it set up and have chief recognize the second monitor?""

Go "Display settings" then "Multiple Displays" Select "Extend desktop to this display. That way you can have multiple windows open in Chief, such as Layout or plan view, or whatever you choose on separate screens.Its an easy process.

How do you use CA and not have dual monitors!

My graphics card driver recognizes screen 1 and 2.

One you go dual you never go back.;)

• Upvote 1

YES! use 2 monitors you can do so much more with them. Once you have 2 monitors you'll never want to go back to just one.

And don’t forget to turn up your mouse speed so you can cover more screen...

WOW what a response!  Thanks all for the input.  Sounds like its an easy answer, Im glad I have the other monitor to try it out.  Thanks Larry for the link to the other post about bigger monitors as well, I will check that out.  Take care and thanks again!