Kbird1

Nobody else have 20.1.1.1 yet ?

Recommended Posts

Just curious , nobody else has mentioned it.....

 

the Updates PDF is worth a Read.....it includes the Fixes for the Final Version too ( 20.1.0.43) which I don't remember seeing when I updated to the Final Release......like the 1/2 wall Cap not generating I've encountered.

 

*reworded post...

 

M.

 

x10-update-notes-20.1.1.1.pdf

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty Small Update Mick.

 

2 20.1.1.1 Update Notes

2.1 3D Rendering • Fixed a problem that prevented material textures from displaying correctly on some Mac systems with Intel graphics chipsets.

2.2 Ray Tracing • Fixed a problem that could cause black squares to appear in ray trace images in some cases.

 

 

Lots more stuff that also needs fixing.

 

Don't get confused with the notes that are included from the previous update that was much larger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Pretty Small Update Mick.

 

2 20.1.1.1 Update Notes

2.1 3D Rendering • Fixed a problem that prevented material textures from displaying correctly on some Mac systems with Intel graphics chipsets.

2.2 Ray Tracing • Fixed a problem that could cause black squares to appear in ray trace images in some cases.

 

 

Lots more stuff that also needs fixing.

 

Don't get confused with the notes that are included from the previous update that was much larger.

 

That's True ,  I was looking to see is they mentioned the AMD or Nvidia Drivers Issues but no......

 

Hmmm maybe they didn't fix the wall cap issue then as I was having issues with that last week I believe...

 

Hopefully a few other "fixes" under the 'hood too they ain't talkin' about too :)

 

so far , no issues noted anyway....

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded and installed at the office but I get an error when trying to install at home.  Something about "CAFull1.lib" is corrupt.

PITA!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have not seen that Error before ...just a bad download perhaps?

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

..like the 1/2 wall Cap not generating I've encountered.

 

Not sure I saw that posted Mick.  What seems to be the issue ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

 

Not sure I saw that posted Mick.  What seems to be the issue ? 

 

 

When I was playing around with a 1/2 Wall last week for the Slanted Wall Thread I found that sometimes the Cap wouldn't Appear or I couldn't select that Tab.... and If I did slant the Wall Top the Cap stayed horizontal.  Thinking about it more, I think that was in an existing plan though, started in X9, but because I was having trouble I opened a new plan with the OOB Template plan and was able to then get the Cap and the Wall Cap followed the Slant I made too.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So does this support the logic Carrie states that Chief is not a save as program? 

Start every plan with fresh new file scratch all should work just fine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, this is just a quick update to address two issues that we felt were important.  We are still planning on releasing a 20.2 update in the near future that will have a number of other improvements.

 

If you are having any problems downloading and installing the update, then please contact our tech support department.

 

If you are having any other issues in X10 that you did not report to our technical support team, then you should report them.  It's unlikely that they will make it into the 20.2 update but we will try to get them into a future update if we can reproduce the problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mrscott said:

So does this support the logic Carrie states that Chief is not a save as program? 

Start every plan with fresh new file scratch all should work just fine?

 

Not sure who Carrie is , but most People use a Template File and not Chief's OOB one , (Residental Template.plan) , though Chief does Recomment making a new Template Plan from the OOB one for each new Version.

 

X10 is showing some Issues with Plans brought forward that I've run into , so I am currently thinking that unless there is a reason to bring a Plan into x10 to keep working on it in X9 or at a Minimum save the Plan in X9 as Your-Filename_x10 , and then Open it and immediate re-save in X10 , so there is no way Chief can make the Original File in-accessible to X9 (Older Versions can't Open Newer Version Files) if if you need to go back.

 

M.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

 

Not sure who Carrie is , but most People use a Template File and not Chief's OOB one , (Residental Template.plan) , though Chief does Recomment making a new Template Plan from the OOB one for each new Version.

 

X10 is showing some Issues with Plans brought forward that I've run into , so I am currently thinking that unless there is a reason to bring a Plan into x10 to keep working on it in X9 or at a Minimum save the Plan in X9 as Your-Filename_x10 , and then Open it and immediate re-save in X10 , so there is no way Chief can make the Original File in-accessible to X9 (Older Versions can't Open Newer Version Files) if if you need to go back.

 

M.

 

 

Well, if you have watched any of the promo videos of Chief X10 the lady narrating the videos is Carrie.  She’s a very nice person and a dedicated Chief Employee. My disappointment is with Chief X10 as a “Professional” product. IMHO, this is subjective. If they would simply cease with further devopment and focus on producing a core product that can truly compete with REVIT, Archicad and Vectorworks they would have a “true” professional level program. Is Chief a nice package for doing many design elements easily that look great and comes with a lot of stuff at a reasonable price .... absolutely!  My point is....it appears they have to potential to make a real impact in the professional world of Architeure if they would only stop chasing the fluff. Every package has it’s issues but the afformentionedbare used by the masses because do everything! So, does this new update addresss? Perhaps, but is only one of many. If want more of what I am pissed about call. I’d be happy to share it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27469
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    THDesign
    Newest Member
    THDesign
    Joined