Broken toolbars/shortcuts

johnny

There is something seriously wrong with Chief's tool bars and now shortcuts - with several of my drafters reporting the same thing.  Toolbars and shortcuts are constantly (nearly weekly for me) disabling themselves requiring full resets.  Does anyone know the cause - and/or is this happening to general x10 users?

46 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Haven't seen that and I use Chief x10 every day, not sure why that would screw up for you,

It happened on rare occasion in past versions, but x10 really stepped up the prob - but what I find odd is I checked with all the other users in my group (9) and they all relate the same thing.  It happens to be more frequently, but others reported different issues i have yet to see (such as below).

^713D3E0A143FEFF56963190B8C2E2A78253FE3B8DA0480BE50^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Hi Johnny,

That pic shows the Toolbars for the Layout.  The Toolbars for Plan are different.  

I don't do much editing in Layout.  Positioning and sizing of the Layout Boxes is just about the limit of the work I do there.  Almost everything is done in the Plan.

If you are losing display of Toolbars I would suggest checking the Video Card setup and drivers.  You might also check the AV Software but I don't think that should have any effect.

IAE, I have not experienced any such problems.  Are you on a MAC?

I personally 

Johnny,  I was trying to resist saying everything is working fine like it does in California, but I don't think I have ever had a serious tool bar issue.  However I did have an incident in X9 where I completely lost all my layersets possibly similar to the corruption you just posted.  Please be sure to send that in so it does not happen to others.

1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Hi Johnny,

That pic shows the Toolbars for the Layout.  The Toolbars for Plan are different.  

I don't do much editing in Layout.  Positioning and sizing of the Layout Boxes is just about the limit of the work I do there.  Almost everything is done in the Plan.

If you are losing display of Toolbars I would suggest checking the Video Card setup and drivers.  You might also check the AV Software but I don't think that should have any effect.

IAE, I have not experienced any such problems.  Are you on a MAC?

I personally 

Thanks - i'll have him check the drivers for the graphics.

• 2 months later...

I just had a similar thing happen at my end.  Plodding away working away in Chief, I save my plan and exit.  At some point in the save there's an error and I can't reopen the plan either...it seems to gotten corrupted.  I close Chief, reopen and poof...NO MORE TOOL BARS...nadda.  There's nothing in "Toolbars and Hotkeys" and "Customize Toolbars"...

I was able to get a .bak file up and available into Chief but still no toolbars.

I uninstalled Chief X10 Premier and re-installed to no avail.

X9 Premier still works fine as well as X10 Interiors.

How might one go about restoring toolbars??  Any ideas?

Ivan

Yeah...I tried to "Restore Defaults".... nothing changes... the entire Toolbar section is blank and stays that way.

There's mention of changing the name of the toolbar folder in Chief and then importing it...like every day....

I could do that while there's a permanent fix on the way....what's the file path for that and exact name?

Thx.  Ivan