cv2702

Half wall intersecting at main wall of shower: tiling issue

Consider a Wall Material Region or Custom Backsplash.

I typically use a cabinet partition for bathroom wall tiles. Set the thickness to represent the tile and place against the wall, you can then drag it to the exact position you wish and it is not affected by the underlying wall constraints or other abutting walls.

I use polyline solids in an elevation. This eliminates this problem.

As you see, there's generally more than one way to do things in Chief.

7 hours ago, cv2702 said:

Issue described in picture caption

59fb729d6fe3e_Halfwall.thumb.jpg.2d5b8bf928e6ca0dc879e84f9b6f3407.jpg

You really need to fill in your signature CV .....so people know what version you are using and can offer the appropriate advice , Wall material regions set not to cut the Parent Wall and the material the thickness of the Tile work great , but they are not an option in X7 or X8 perhaps either,  you just need to shape them in Elevation View to be really accurate.

See my sig. below so you can fill in yours...

13 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Wall material regions set not to cut the Parent Wall and the material the thickness of the Tile work great , but they are not an option in X7 or X8 perhaps either

But a Custom Backsplash is, and it's the same thing as a Wall Material Region.

22 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

You really need to fill in your signature CV .....

Thanks for noting.  I had filled in my signature, but forgot to activate viewing them.  Now activated.

13 minutes ago, solver said:

wasn't disputing that , it was just an example to make the point about filling in the sig. so you get the best advice.... and options for the version being used.

Thanks all.  My turn to say how the assistance found in this forum is prompt and powerful.

I get the feeling you guys have played around with CA for so long that you've developed a whole set of workarounds.  I'm still in the early stage of the learning curve and I'm somewhat of a nit picker: it should work so I spend too much time trying to make it work.  I'm slowly developing the attitude that CA is a complex and powerful tool, but it has its weaknesses, which I must accept.

So, just to add to the perplexity, here's a similar half wall in the master bathroom that turns out ok, even though the break in the back wall ends up in the middle of the intersecting half wall.  Go figure.  But I know, from my limited experience, that even here there's somethings wrong because I can see glitter on that wall intersection when I pan in 3D.

I know, I need to move on...

Half wall OK.jpg

13 hours ago, solver said:

except they go on different layers, I like material regions for showers and custom back splash's for those.