Dimensions for door & window casings incorrect

Designers_Edge

I appreciate any help or input on this problem.  I have been having this issue for the last 3-4 months and have just been working around it.  I only do as-built and remodel plans, so I need to show the casing widths -especially for kitchen remodels. In a PLAN---For example:  3 1/4" casings when dimensioned, whether with automatic interior dimensions or manual dimensions show up as 3 1/2".  

I have contacted Chief support and sent them a different plan file.  They told me to change the "Rounding Method" in the Dimension Defaults setup.  I have selected both "Grid Rounding" and "Distance Rounding" and it does not make a difference.  I have also tried:  locating first the sides and then changed it to rough opening to see if I could work around this glitch.  NO luck.

I have Chief X9 Interiors and have used Chief since 8.0 and have never had this problem previously.  I even opened one of the Chief Architect templates and drew a simple box with one interior wall and inserted a door, then dimensioned---same issue.  

Here are my default settings

Dimension Default Setup.png

Dimension Default locate objects.png

I use distance rounding, grid snaps OFF. Locate casings DO NOT locate sides it only confuses things.

I use Premier and don't remember if you have control over all the following in Interiors....

Dimension should equal-window width + casing width times 2 + 2 times the difference between "overlap frame"  (default is 5/8) and frame dimensions (default is 3/4")

So a 30" window with 3-1/2 casing will give you 37-1/4" casing to casing.

It sounds to me like you may be forgetting about the Casing Reveal setting   3 1/4 + 1/4 " Reveal = 3 1/2"

Note .....Chief does not allow for Door gaps

In X9... I think Overlap per Mark's comment is now called Reveal per the real world...

Capture11.JPG

4 minutes ago, Designers_Edge said:

You are looking for it to dimension the casing itself. I've never tried that, always just call out the casing. The "sides" are the outside of the window. AFAIK Cheif won't dimension to the inside of the casing but as I said I never tried. FWIW your overall width casing to casing is correct.