Truss Maximum Height: ??

Chopsaw

Does anyone know what the Roof Truss Maximum Height setting does and how to use it.  Can I set that to my max shipping dimension and trim the truss with it ?  Again the manual is not so helpful "• Specify the Maximum Height of the selected truss."

Maximum Truss Height.JPG

Good question .... ?????  I wonder why it is there.  Maybe someone at Chief was playing around with the idea of creating piggy back trusses and never got there and this entry is a remnant of that effort?  Maybe we need more coffee!  Glenn probably knows.

• 2 years later...

If you noticed that option has been removed from the DBX with no explanation from Chief.

However it is possible to build a piggy back truss system with the existing tools but it sure is tricky.

I have not done it for a while so would have to review the procedure myself.  If you could post a plan file with the required specifications, I will see if I remember how and possibly make you a video or do a 1 on 1 screen share.

1 hour ago, QualicoreHomes said:

Does this have to be done manually to every truss?  That be a bit of a pain 

Each different type of truss yes, but not each individual Truss in the Plan , though a Force Rebuild is likely needed to update each Truss to the New Shape and Size.     (Clicking Roof Truss Tool then do a Shift Select (Marquee Selection) around all trusses and "Force Rebuild " is usually enough.)

M.

You can optionally use some temporary roof and ceiling planes to get each layer of trusses to generate more automatically.  May be worth while just converting the trusses to symbols if you’re going to go this route.  That way there will be no accidents that cause your trusses to change or disappear.  In short though, there are a lot of options.  You can also use manual framing, solids, 3D molding polylines, or even simple CAD.  Really just comes down to what works best for your workflow and your specific use case.