Layout "Cad Details" - what scale?

johnny

I place CAD details in the "CAD Detail Management area" where I can rescale them to "Real World" scale for rescaling when sent to layout (to fit on paper), this makes it simple and straightforward to do. So objects are scaled a real world scale of 1'=1' and rescaled WHEN sent to layout using the send to layout dialog box-scale input box.In other words, this is something YOU do, not the software.

DJP

58 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

I place CAD details in the "CAD Detail Management area" where I can rescale them to "Real World" scale for rescaling when sent to layout (to fit on paper), this makes it simple and straightforward to do. So objects are scaled a real world scale of 1'=1' and rescaled WHEN sent to layout using the send to layout dialog box-scale input box.In other words, this is something YOU do, not the software.

DJP

My circumstance is where I am inside Layout making a Cad Detail for organization of text groups.  So when I "send" to Layout its actually coming from Layout to begin with using the same text settings.  Since its all 1:1 scale it makes zero sense there should be a difference in text size unless i were to send to the page specifically at an alternate scale (which i am not).

8 minutes ago, Richard_Morrison said:

I think you want Print>Drawing Sheet Setup. The drawing scale applies to individual CAD windows, so the labeling is a little confusing.

Turning on Print preview (Alt + F2) may show you what's happening too?

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Richard_Morrison said:

I think you want Print>Drawing Sheet Setup. The drawing scale applies to individual CAD windows, so the labeling is a little confusing.

So that is interesting - I never noticed but yeah there was a difference in page size.  That said, it didn't change my results when I made sure they matched.  Kinda interesting you can have different sheet sizes like that in Layout "Cad Details".

37 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Turning on Print preview (Alt + F2) may show you what's happening too?

I've tried this and it shows the same.  I've verified the problem when I print.

I'm thinking this has to be a bug - since there shouldn't be a difference.

Hey guys,

So I realized what was happening and its actually a more simple explanation of whats wrong in Chief.  You can set a Rich Text size for print and its completely different than a "standard text" - even though what should be the important thing is the physical size.

Apparently there is no tie-between the size you set for text and the actual size text is.

rich.png

normal_text.png

Nice work Richard. 

Character Size

Text , Callouts  , Markers  , Schedules  , and dimension numbers can be sized to 1/128” accuracy (0.078125 mn). See Text Style Panel.
These objects use CAD Style Font Sizing, which specifies text size as the measurement from the baseline to the topmost part of the capital letter A, as in most CAD programs.

Rich Text  objects have two font sizing methods to choose from: CAD Style Font Sizing and a method similar to most word processing applications, where size is based on information stored in the font. See Options Panel.