Voids in printout

BryanXG

My layout sheets are set to Arch D... I have all views updated.

For a quick review printout I'm sending the layout to a Letter size printer, with scale to fit at 85% (otherwise the title block is cut off).

The problem I'm having is, there are voids (blank sections) within some of the layout boxes, and some of the cropped areas show through.

Attached you will see a screenshot of the CA layout, and a picture of the printout.

Note the print errors;

Plan view - void in middle, bottom crop walls show through, RH crop dimension show through.

Cabinet Schedule - RH crop text show through.

Title Block - Logo not showing.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

TiA,

2017-08-03_0931.png

FullSizeRender.jpg

Bryan,

Without looking at the file, one thing to try is sending it to a pdf and see if the output is correct in the pdf.  I recently had an issue somewhat related where the chief layout didn't print elevation patterns correctly, but sending to pdf, then printing from pdf gave me the proper output.

I recommend sending to tech support so they can figure out if there is a bug so that they can fix it for the benefit of all.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

• Upvote 1

Bryan,

I only tested very quickly, but maybe try changing your drawings margins.  They seem to be set to some very odd dimensions...

Layout.thumb.png.a356ac230dd536c009d1dc28b36c95ad.png

I just changed them both to zero and I don't seem to be having any problem printing your drawing without any of the problems you described. 

• Upvote 1

That was it... I set all the printer margins to "0" and it prints fine... what was there came from Populate from Printer.

I still have to have it as Fit to Page 90% to get all the title block to print.

Thanks for the input.

Your time is appreciated.

Just something to keep in mind when setting printer margins. The majority of printers have a built-in minimum margin setting that can't be overridden by other print control software. As such when you use the print control software and set the margin to zero the printer will always inject it's own margin, this is one reason why you still need to use the fit to page control.