Polyline Profile Will Not Close

Larry_Sweeney

Go to solution Solved by CJSpud,

I downloaded a molding profile to use in a plan. All the lines of the profiles are the same as far as layer, Linetype, size & color. I can not get it to close. I have "edit object parts" turned on. No matter which line I click on of the profile only that line is highlighted. I've tried double clicking the ends of the line where it is connected to the next line to it, but it won't connect. I've moved the end of the line then snapped it back to the next line, but it still doesn't connect. Any suggestions? If I don't reply to questions right away it's because I have to step out of the office for a bit.

Even though you have not offered an image or a plan file I am going to be really, really generous and make a guess based on the horribly inadequate information you have presented. :blink:  Is the segment you are trying to close have a spline that would connect with a straight section? If so, CA does not like to close these.

I have "edit object parts" turned on.

I really hope that was a typo.  The only reason to turn edit object parts on is because you want to break up a polyline and prevent lines from joining up.  If you really do have it turned on, then turn it off and your problem will be solved. 

If that was a typo, and your lines are all really the same, I can't think of a good reason why they wouldn't join.  One trick I like to use to see if my lines are really the same is to group select them open the dialog and see if any settings are "no change".  No change means that the settings are different which is one reason they won't join.

If it's none of those, post the plan.

Have you tried to join them with the new "Intersection, Join Two Lines" tool?

Curt ............. Sorry I didn't get right back to you. I had to step out of the office. but this corrected the problem. I had to go around and click on every line, but it finally would close. I'm not sure what the problem was caused by the profile is working as it should now. As for the "edit object parts"---that was a typo. Thanks to all for your input. Have a great day.