Roof/molding Returns - Can This Be Done In X6?

MickeyToo

I am evaluating X6 (the trial version) and would like to know if it is possible to extend just the roof decking and shingles to cover the crown molding running along the fascia (as it would when using the shadow board feature - see pics 3 & 4). Many colonial homes are trimmed out this way when no gutter is used (and even when a gutter is used, sometimes). The crown molding is then returned on the horizontal along and then into the side of the building. A board and flashing sit atop the crown molding along the side section, pretty much as I have drawn it here. The roof drip edge extends just beyond the crown along the front of the building. Is there a way to do this in X6?

Thanks

post-571-0-01322300-1403471987_thumb.jpg

post-571-0-90516700-1403472042_thumb.jpg

post-571-0-19576900-1403472057_thumb.jpg

post-571-0-39260900-1403472083_thumb.jpg

Thank you, Larry, for taking the time to provide that link. It was very helpful in answering, not only my specific question, but more importantly where Chief is right now with X6 when it comes to modeling traditional details. A mixed bag, for sure.

Mickey:

Chief is great....

Chief has short-comings....

I think overall the great out weighs the short

so I rant about the short and accept the great

we get with each new release

Chief will never be perfect

Chief can be wonderful - if it fits your needs

but only you can determine that

Lew

• 4 weeks later...

Larry-  I know it's a tad late and a bit off topic, but I wanted to commend you on your cornice example raytrace you posted.  It's seeing high-end work like that, that drives me to become a better designer (that is a really sharp drawing).  Thanks and keep up the great work!