capitaldesigns

Glass shower walls

I am inputting an existing master bathroom into CA. The ceiling height of the bathroom is 10'. One of the shower wall sits on top of a 22" high bath tub platform.

The other wall of the shower sits on top of a 6"x6" curb.  The glass shower walls are 7' high above the curb and 5'-8" high above the 22" high platform.

The shower wall are extending to the bathroom ceiling. How do I keep the glass shower walls from extending to the ceiling ? The existing shower has an 18"

gap between the top of the glass shower wall and the ceiling. I have attached the plan. The master bathroom is on the second floor.

Thanks,

Mike

2017-02.plan

Lots of options here but if you're using X9 I think this might be one of the easiest using your current setup.  Use the new Shelf Ceiling tool...

Shelf ceiling.png

• Upvote 1

I have not upgraded to X9 yet. I will do that this afternoon. Thanks for pointing out the new tool.

I'm glade you figured out that a new shelf ceiling tool could be used for shower wall heights.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks, Michael. I missed this one. Doing a similar shower now and I just did it the old fashioned way - drag the walls down.

17 minutes ago, capitaldesigns said:

Tried the half wall. You do not get the glass panel over the door.

No, but do you really want that?  All the glass panel showers I've seen do not have glass above the door.

I have seen the glass all the way to the ceiling only in shower steam combo's, you can get a openable panel above the door that opens to let out steam if you have to.