Sign in to follow this  
RobWhite

Radius dimension

How do you label a radius or diameter dimension. It does not appear to be lists in the dimension options.

Using CA X9

This tool doesn't exist in Chief. I draw a line with arrow, break it at some point to turn it into a polyline, then edit the label to display the dimension.

Or, you can use an End To End Dimension and add some Trailing Text. 

New Image_167.jpg

I'm guessing the radius and diameter dimension is still not an option on X10?  Will it be there on X11?  Shouldn't this have always been a standard thing in dimensioning?  I can fudge a circle dim., but how many actual circles do we build?  I need to dim many arcs..  Any shortcut ways to dim. a center of a arc?  I can see the point when I pick the arc, but not in dim mode.  Back to the drawing board and locate centers with cad lines is the only way I can think.

31 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

I need to dim many arcs..  Any shortcut ways to dim. a center of a arc?  I can see the point when I pick the arc, but not in dim mode.  Back to the drawing board and locate centers with cad lines is the only way I can think.

Point to point dimensions will locate and snap to the arc center.

Arc Center.jpg

• Like 1

If you toggle on "Arc Centres and Ends", you can snap an End to End dimension from the centre point to the arc/circle.

Make sure you have at least Centre snaps toggled on and start your dimension on the centre point.

Been a long day, thanks for the help both of you.  I totally forgot about the arc centers toggle.  

This is a basic feature in CAD programs, CA needs to add this ability without having to draw a dimension - especially when modifying things at a later time.