Blurry cabinetry lines, ceiling lines and doors etc in X9

EricWMLim

Thanks for ideas..  there are windows in this room and a full roof over top already, actually my second camera for the render was looking at windows.  So I need to keep sunlight on.  Yes, I did look for the caulk and/or the drywall tape button.  :-)

..continued to adjust and redo settings to all the mentions above and what I read on other feeds.  Here is what I have.. not acceptable at all.  The first is my camera view, the rest are RT with the last one even with the sun light turned off.  I have a full roof, so the bleeding thru does not make any sense. 

Is there a way to go back to X8 as my default even though this model has been save in X9.  Time is money, and I wasted a whole day to no avail....

50617 BEDROOM-3b.jpg

50617 BEDROOM-3 1d.jpg

50617 BEDROOM-3 1e.jpg

50617 BEDROOM-3 1f.jpg

50617 BEDROOM-3 1C.jpg

50617 BEDROOM-3 1A.jpg

50617 BEDROOM-3 CAMERA VIEW.jpg

50617 BEDROOM-3 1.jpg

Michael - It really all comes down to your lighting strategy, how a material appears is highly dependent on the amount of light striking it, the direction and the colour of the light. Getting this right often takes a number of lights strategically positioned within the scene. It is unlikely that you will ever be able to generate a reasonably realistic scene using only one or two lights. The example scene below has more than 40 lights in it. This is straight out of Ray Trace and has not had any other post processing. Excuse the pun, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

5910711daa698_Concept5a.thumb.jpg.292e51cfe4e5fc42654a535155f0c57d.jpg

Concerning the sun, that light bleed, just reduce the intensity.

Michael,

It looks like all of your problems are with ray trace views.  I don't think any of the changes made to render views and the any of their new settings will affect your ray trace views.  In fact very little has been changed with ray tracing compared to X8.  You probably won't get any different results if you go back to X8.  If you do, then I would recommend that you start looking at your ray trace configuration settings, not your render view settings.

The bottom line is that ray tracing is complicated.  If you are determined to get good results with ray trace views, I would recommend that you start by watching all of the training videos first.  Then you should probably read all of the older threads on this forum to see how others have solved similar problems. 

If all else fails, you may want to contact technical support for more assistance.