CHIEF ONLY RAY TRACING

mrscott

6 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Scott - check that the ambient occlusion minimum is set at 1.0, the shaded regions seem on the dark side.

Graham

Will do. Thanks. Did you also see my edit to this earlier post where I fixed the counter top edge and added a video?

3 hours ago, mrscott said:

Jon,

Send me the plan and I will run it on my Workstation at a one of you high Resolution (Print Quality) sizes and return the file in whatever format you like. My compliments to you for all you do for us. PM me is you prefer.

Here you go Scott, (or anybody else who wants to play with this.  It's in X9.  The camera is on floor 2, all set and ready to go with the lighting I used in the original shot.

20170219_JCC_RT133_Kitchen_RT_Setup.zip

3 hours ago, jcaffee said:

Here you go Scott, (or anybody else who wants to play with this.  It's in X9.  The camera is on floor 2, all set and ready to go with the lighting I used in the original shot.

20170219_JCC_RT133_Kitchen_RT_Setup.zip

Jon,

I'm RT'ing now at the setting you provided (no mods on my end). 2:09 min per pass. Will let it run until it looks clean. What format do you prefer?

Question.. When setting lighting in the views attach (one standard one RT) there is 11  lights (depends upon how chief counts for the dinette light 1 or 3) all the under cabinet settings are the same, all ceiling cans are the same and so on.... when doing the setting in a standard view and I turn that one on another light turns off.... are we still restricted to only eight lights  like x8-7  ...... I have no other walls in the plan other than what you are seeing .. no other lights in plan.

Asus G74S, NVidia gtx560m 3gb

Thanks for any help or tips... very frustrating   Kit 2.JPGkit.JPG

I'm not sure there is an need for more lights in the General Render views if RT handles all lights. The question I have is... 1) would a second GPU improve performance (discounting where or not it would have handle 16 lights or not), as I see a lot of gamers using 2 and sometimes 3 GPU's configured in SLI mode so essentially they act as a single Bad Ass GPU system.

The one thing in standard turning off but then why in the RT are others off? specs.JPG

I am not up on that ...I would have a better chance of doing brain surgery than understanding CPU and so on.... maybe this may help

Thanks Scott

12 minutes ago, mrscott said:

as I see a lot of gamers using 2 and sometimes 3 GPU's configured in SLI mode so essentially they act as a single Bad Ass GPU system.

Not with Chief and not with many RT engines out in the wild that aren't CUDA-aware.  You would see either the same or degraded performance while RTing running in SLI or CrossFire.  If you are determined to spend money, get a single TitanX, SketchUp Pro, and Lumion.  Your workflow would then look like: Model (CA)>Export DAE to SketchUp>Clean and tweak materials/symbols/objects in SketchUp>Direct export to Lumion using the SU plug-in for Lumion>Render and add effects in Lumion.

NO NO never want to spend but sometimes it is better to spend on the correct product in the long run .always open minded....Tried Lumion on the free version I thought it was ok didn't give it to much time... I would like to keep it simple and stay in Chief instead of exporting to a another program. I have a couple of RT in chief that turned out pretty good but on this one it's been a ***** of a time.

Thanks for input Jon