Designer100

door and window schudule in remodeling project

Is there s way to door or window schudule on a remodeling where the existing house doors and or windows will not show up on the schdules. for the new addional rooms etc?

Would appreciate your input.

Newell Cheatheam 

Chief x8, windows 10 

I have set up my remodeling template plans to have all the existing items not to show up in any schedules. When I start the as-builts ,everything is existing, then when done do a save as -existing, then start the new and change everything over to new, including new walls, windows, doors , cabinets, etc. The schedules just fill out automatically. Everything for new and existing is already in my remodeling template plan.

2 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I have set up my remodeling template plans to have all the existing items not to show up in any schedules. When I start the as-builts ,everything is existing, then when done do a save as -existing, then start the new and change everything over to new, including new walls, windows, doors , cabinets, etc. The schedules just fill out automatically. Everything for new and existing is already in my remodeling template plan.

Little different here. I have my templates for existing plans to show all existing items in the existing schedules. Helps my T24 guy relate to existing windows/doors.

Save as and add new windows/doors as needed to new template schedules which fill out as needed.

My title 24 guy just takes it off the floor plan and with Joes header macro you can adjust exactly what to show on the floor plan.

While I do have macros that work as Perry indicated, my preference is to use the Door and Window Schedules and Callouts for Labels.  This is simply because I don't like too much text on my Plan Views. 

That means I have to use the Schedules to show what's New, Existing, etc.  That's easy to do in X9 by adding that to the Description or Comments fields in the OIP.

But.... sometimes I use the macros instead of the Callouts.

35 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

My title 24 guy just takes it off the floor plan and with Joes header macro you can adjust exactly what to show on the floor plan.

Sounds cool and as usual I have a very simple strategy that works best for me and my work flow.

6 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

While I do have macros that work as Perry indicated, my preference is to use the Door and Window Schedules and Callouts for Labels.  This is simply because I don't like too much text on my Plan Views. 

That means I have to use the Schedules to show what's New, Existing, etc.  That's easy to do in X9 by adding that to the Description or Comments fields in the OIP.

But.... sometimes I use the macros instead of the Callouts.

Haven't delved in to the OIP much and am just using the label field to adjust label content but may explore the OIP and see if it fits my future work flow.