Below the room labels Chief has a string of text showing the room size.

Is there a way to have Chief show the rooms ceiling height instead of the rooms dimensions ?

Thanks,

Mike

You also need to turn off the Layer "Rooms, Dimensions" and in the Default Room Label insert the macro as Eric pointed out on the 2nd line of the Room Label.  You can also enter " Clg.Ht. " either before or after that macro.

Note:  If you want to control the text size to be smaller than the Room name you will need to do it all in a Rich Text Box. 

Thanks Eric & Joe.

Joe, are you saying that I should type in the macro command for the clg. ht. in rich text box first, set the text height there then copy and paste into room label default box ?

Another question. Where do I set the room label text size & style

Thanks,

Mike

No, When using a Rich Text Box, you can place the %room.name% macro on line 1 and the %room.height.ceiling% macro and any other text you want on line 2.

You can set the formatting of each line (Font, Color, Size, Justification) and the border and fill for the entire RTB. 

Copy/paste that RTB into each Room.  You can even place it outside the room and add a leader line with arrow to connect it to the room.

Make sure you turn off the Room Label Layer.  You've created your own custom Room Label.

No, When using a Rich Text Box, you can place the %room.name% macro on line 1.

No need to do that, just leave a blank line and chief will auto insert the room name.

No need to do that, just leave a blank line and chief will auto insert the room name.

But you can't format the blank line ;)

How can you get this to show in feet and inches?

But you can't format the blank line ;)

How can you get this to show in feet and inches?

Beg CA, like the rest of use!!! Or type it in, each room.

Joe has a great macro to change inches to feet and  inches, in the label method. Will not work on Rich Text Box....... 

Beg CA, like the rest of use!!! Or type it in, each room.

Joe has a great macro to change inches to feet and  inches, in the label method. Will not work on Rich Text Box....... 

We signed up for his and I have some but very new to the Macro's in CA. have written LISP's for AutoCAD. I'm fine with it in the room Label. LOL

You can always put just the ceiling height in the room label and the rest in a Rich Text box. You would just have to manually align the 2 labels.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JoeLighty
    Newest Member
    JoeLighty

• By Anna_Gorres
      Hello All,

My room label text is offset from the room label box. This is driving my nuts, as I often move the room labels around and with the offset, I never know where I need to grab or I end up grabbing the wrong room label. 

Example image attached.

Anna 

• By LeeDrafter
      Hi All,
      I am working on townhomes that are exactly the same on both sides. I need the room dimension labels to be the same on my "advertising" plans or people will get confused and wonder why they are different. The actual dimensions are exactly the same, but I don't want to show people all the dimension lines for advertising. As you can see in the attached, both living rooms are actually 13' 10-1/2" X 16' 9-1/2". The room labels are rounding to 16'8" on one side and 16'-9" on the other side. I don't care if it rounds up or down, but I do need it to be the same on both sides. Does anybody know how to fix this? I am working in X5.

Thanks!

LOTS 112&113 BIGFORK LANDING.zip
    • By flaterud
      Hi

Its so difficult to find. I want to add room labels so that I can see total wall area, perimeter, and floor area of each room.

searching in help gives 0 hits on the word "label".

How do I add this? I have tried tools-layer settings-display options.. Nothing happens with my drawing!!

would love to fix this today. see attachment

regards,
      sebastian

• By capitaldesigns
      I'm new to Chief. I'm using X-8,

When you identify a room  in your plan, Chief automatically places a room label with the name and room size.
      Is there a way to change the text size of each the room name and the room dimensions? I would like to make to
      room dimension text smaller than the room label text.

Also is there a way to show the ceiling height under the room name instead of the room size?

Thanks,

Mike

• By country
      I am trying to get a design out for a bank appraisal. They would like the room sizes on the labels but it is impossible to get them correct??? An Ensuite that is 14'-8" x 9'-0" is shown as 5'-7" deep because it has a shower and wall beside the toilet.
      Do I have to all of these type of situations manually? I know there are some macros that may possibly work but I sure don't have time to find and learn them in time to get this drawing out by the afternoon. If it the manual route, please let me know and I will do it.
      To get a correct area for each floor I am going to draw a polygon of the exterior walls in Vectorworks. Why oh why can we not draw a polygon around the main exterior walls and have it show the perimeter and area? If we can, please correct me, call me whatever name you want and I will get this out the door.
      PS. Sorry for the rant but problems on Saturday morning bring out the worst in me;-(
      I'd rather be riding or fishing but here I sit........