How to correct colors in CAX6

mctabish

When I load a camera view, or a raster, my colors are WAY WAY WAY off. Is there a way to adjust the colors to be near the proper colors?

This is a laptop with nVidia graphics card, and no other program has color issues.

WHITE could be a pastel blue. or gray or tan depending on the something, I suppose the angle of the light, but these colors are far from being correct

Thanks

Bruce

I would check you 3D View Defaults first; 3D > 3D View Defaults.  I'm guessing your problem is in CA.

If you want true color in all your software, it's possible to Calibrate a monitor or laptop screen for true color.  You can also calibrate your printer to match the monitor.  I calibrate mine with an X-Rite ColorMunki but I'm into photography.  I mention this just for general information on color.

it's possible to Calibrate a monitor or laptop screen for true color.  You can also calibrate your printer to match the monitor

only to a certain level

when showing clients and ordering paint etc

probably best to state "close but not guaranteed"

real world can still be different

depending on material and light ....

Lew

it's possible to Calibrate a monitor or laptop screen for true color.  You can also calibrate your printer to match the monitor

only to a certain level

when showing clients and ordering paint etc

probably best to state "close but not guaranteed"

real world can still be different

depending on material and light ....

Lew

You're right, I wouldn't guaranty paint colors or stains on different species of wood.  Too many variables to consider like reflected light on walls.

my colors are WAY WAY WAY off

What's your definition of way, way off?  It could be a problem with lighting, materials, or even your video card.  Really can't even begin to make suggestions without more info.  I would recommend that you first post a picture of what you are seeing.  That way we can try and make more educated guesses.

Try these:

In your 3D view, go 3D...Lighting...Adjust Lights...toggle off Default Sun.

Go 3D...3D View Defaults...Lighting Options...Daytime Ambient...100%

In Preferences...Render...uncheck Show Shadows.

That should get you closer to what you want, but there is no shadowing and everything looks flat, but that is a consequence of getting what you asked for.

You are asking for something that is not "real life".

• Upvote 1