parkwest

Pony wall stemwall foundation

How do I get the stemwall below to show in cross sections and views?

When I use pony wall, I can get one wall thickness or the other to show, but not both in cross sections and views???

I want 8 inch thick 18 inches tall wall on bottom with 2 inches of insul on the inside with a 5 inch thick and 6  inch tall wall above with 2 inches of insul also

post-11182-0-15237400-1470153285_thumb.jpg

And, is there a way to profile the insulation like this?

post-11182-0-83582100-1470153283_thumb.jpg

Thank you

That is what 2D CAD is for, you overlay a cross section so it communicates what you desire. There are also "Designer Blocks" to help with detail components.

DJP

Thanks David

I figured if SoftPlan has the capability, that surely CA can do it too.

The pony wall thing works for me and you can get all the detail pretty quickly by utilizing the Auto Detail tool...

post-46-0-79186600-1470155680_thumb.jpg

Use a pony wall, and wall types to have the insulation show. The profile of the insulation at the slab must be done manually once you create a detail with a camera section.

Can you post your settings so I can see what I am doing wrong, because I am not getting that?

I think the problem comes with  the height of bottom wall being tied to height above floor - when the floor is at the top of the stemwall.

post-11182-0-41447300-1470156293_thumb.png

Sorry Park, I already left the office. Maybe someone else can help you out but if not I'll try to post something when I get back to office this evening.

Okay, I think I figured it out.  I thought since the lower wall height was tied to the floor height and the first floor was a slab located at the top of the stemwall -- I went negative 6 inches on the lower wall top and it works.

post-11182-0-45473900-1470156764_thumb.png

021245089-bevel-the-foam_lg.jpg

I can' imagine that bevelled piece of concrete staying in one piece for very long.

021245089-bevel-the-foam_lg.jpg

I can' imagine that bevelled piece of concrete staying in one piece for very long.

Yeah, I agree, especially if someone went around the perimeter hammering tack strips down. 

I've never built on an insulated slab before, this is what the investor found out of some engineering magazine, I think.

I prefer daylight basements with using ICF's myself.