Default Wall Material not saving

slowrolls

Go to solution Solved by Gawdzira,

using X8.

Default Settings -> Walls -> Exterior Wall -> Edit -> Materials - Exterior Wall Surface: Default: Gray3 Siding

If i try to change this to something else (like Beige Stucco), Hit OK.  When adding a wall, it still uses Gray3 siding.

If i change one of my walls to the Stucco, then while still selecting the wall, i click the "Set As Default", it will ask me

"The Exterior Wall Defaults will be updated.  Do you want to continue?"

if i say yes, and i go back to my wall, select Materials, Exterior Wall Surface, and select a material, then i check the box for Default, it goes right back to the gray3 siding.. so frustrating!

any idea whats going on?

EDIT: Just to add, that this does not occur while setting defaults for other objects, but with Wall Types, this occurs.  I tested with Doorway and all works well so i know my process is correct.

The proper way is to open the exterior wall - Define and then change the exterior material which then directly effects all such walls in the plan file. Changing the exterior material via the materials tab of a single wall just effects that one wall only. It is also a good idea to go to Edit -Default Settings- Materials - exterior walls" which controls auto-generated walls that the program makes.

DJP

Thanks for the response, but your instructions is exactly what i typed in my post.  I tried to make the change from the Defaults.   I also tried making it to a single wall then using the "Set As Default".  Neither solution works.  it doesn't stick.  I also mentioned that i followed this exact process for something else (the doorway), which works correctly.  

You may have "painted " your walls. Select the "spray can" tool, when the DBX opens check the "use default" in lower left then spray your walls, this will set them back to the gray default.

Then change the default wall material to whatever you want.

If this does not work post the plan so someone can look at the issue.

post-51-0-63702700-1464619527_thumb.png