kal152

Setting Scale Macros

I am trying to place the scale macro into a layout template and it changes numbers when you zoom in and out. When I print the plan it shows a scale of 1' = 1" but my plan is 1/4" I am not sure how to make this pull of the plan scale.

post-8574-0-89333100-1464099598_thumb.png

post-8574-0-75596000-1464099599_thumb.png

Place it in the Plan view you send to layout....not in the layout itself.

Thanks, this works. Not exactly what I want to do but I guess that will have to do for now.

You need to place the macro in your plan or what ever view you're sending to a scale. Your layout should always be set to a 1:1 scale. This is why when you send something to the layout, you have an option of what scale to send it to.

Or, you can use %box_scale% in the Layout Box Label.  That will always show the scale of the Layout Box.

Actually I was working on a plan more and adding it to the plan then sending to layout it does not work, still changes dimensions when you zoom in and out on the layout.

Where do I find %box_scale% in the Layout Box Label. I do not see this option, so i have to make this macro?

Select the Layout Box > open the dbx > select Label > Specify Label > Insert > Object Specific.

You should see the macro there.

Hey Joe, 

Is there a way to set that macro as a default in the layout box label?

15 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Is there a way to set that macro as a default in the layout box label?

No, there are no defaults for Layout Boxes.

OTOH, The %scale% macro in a view sent to Layout will display correctly when the Layout is printed.

Newbie here,

Picked up a new technique here with the scale on the plan rather than in layout box. Question is where did you get that reference label? Have been trying to figure out how to reference details and sections. Is that a library object?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WaunakeeDesigner
    Newest Member
    WaunakeeDesigner

• By tdroes82
      Simple question I think. I just cant seem to figure this out.
      How do I create a Text box with my plan areas?
      - When I use  %room.name%: %room.area.standard%, this gives me what I need. But I can not move the text out of the room.
      - when I have 2 porches, can I add the two areas together on another "total porch" sq.ft text line?
      - Do I use Standard Area Polyline? If so, what is the correct macro to read it, such as living area, garage, porches, etc.

I can use stand area polyline, and then add correct macros to the label of each. Then move the label to the side in a list. But is there a way to accomplish this in 1 text box, reading each area respectively. What about adding 2 porches into 1 total porch area?

Here is what in 1 text box:
      total Heated Living:   sq.ft.
      total Garage:    sq.ft
      total porches: sq.ft.
      etc.

Then I can send this text to layout where I need it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. Thomas
    • By RGAID1
      I have added the Room ceiling height and the Room finished floor material to the Room Label to make a my custom room label. 

I need the ceiling height to be in feet (&inches) not in inches. I need the floor finish material to be the Generic type of finish (wood, tile, carpet, etc.) not the specific type of material. 

How can the label be modified to do this? Or can I change the way the room ceiling height dimension is noted without affecting my other dimensions? 

Can the materials be automatically noted as a type as they are found in the library rather than a specific material?
    • By RGAID1
      I have added the Room ceiling height and the Room finished floor material to the Room Label to make a my custom room label. 

I need the ceiling height to be in feet (&inches) not in inches. I need the floor finish material to be the Generic type of finish (wood, tile, carpet, etc.) not the specific type of material. 

How can the label be modified to do this? Or can I change the way the room ceiling height dimension is noted without affecting my other dimensions? 

Can the materials be automatically noted as a type as they are found in the library rather than a specific material?
    • By NobleRenovation
      Good evening, I was tweaking my defaults today and somehow I must have turned on an extra layer for temporary dimensions?

How do I disable temporary dimensions when I am only selecting a wall?  For instance, I click on a wall ( I already have a dimension on the plan), and I get like a doubled mirrored effect of temp dimensions, very busy looking when this happens.

Can you please assist how to disable ?  I do like the temp dimension when I am drawing a new wall...to show the length... so I want to keep this on...

Many thanks
      Steve
    • By ShelbyTRI
      Hi,
      I am trying to figure out how to change the line weights of the 2D symbols in a schedule.
      I create a schedule in a CAD detail, send it to the layout, and scale it to appropriately fit the page.
      However, when I print the layout, the 2D symbols look extremely thick. How can I make the line weights of the symbols thinner?
      I've tried editing within the schedule, and changing the text height to a smaller size (1"), which this works to make the symbols thinner, but then the text is too hard to read.
      Also, is there a way to make a schedule have multiple columns?
      Thanks!!