capitaldesigns

New and existing door and window call outs on the plans

I'm new to Chief, I'm using X-8

I am attempting my first project using Chief. This is an simple addition and remodel project.

My question is regarding identifying new and existing doors and windows on the plans.

For new doors and windows I use a door and window schedule. For existing doors and

windows I identify them on the plan. For example I will call off a door as (E) 2668 and a

window as (E) 6040 Window. 

Is there a way to have Chief call out the existing doors and window on the floor plan

while at the same time showing the new doors and windows on a door and window

schedule?

Thanks,

Mike

This will remove those windows from listing in the door and window schedule. Is there a way to have those unchecked

doors and windows have their size show up on the floor plan and identified as an existing door or window? Or do I have

to type it for each existing door and window?

You can note this under the components of the windows and doors.

post-170-0-15389000-1463891579_thumb.jpg

post-170-0-59489100-1463891586_thumb.jpg

post-170-0-77831900-1463891592_thumb.jpg

William,

I did what you suggested for one of sliding glass doors. I remove the check mark for suppressing label and

checked specify label and typed in (E) 8068. What I got was a new door in the door schedule called (E) 8068

and a call out circle at the door. I am not getting the (E) 8068 label at the door.

Mike,  If you just go back and uncheck "include in schedule" as William suggested in post #2 I think you will achieve what you originally requested.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SuzLeigh
    Newest Member
    SuzLeigh

• By DTCBuild
      I design for a builder who uses concrete walls (Ritek). The builder wants the plans to show the window size correctly with the cutout 40mm larger all round. I see you can do this with stem walls. Is there a work around for normal walls? Doors are ok, I just make the jamb 40mm wide. This doesn’t seem to work for windows. The wall manufacturer wants to read my cad files, measuring the rough openings.  Any suggestions would be great, thanks
    • By Sweeney
      Hey All, 

Is there any way to include the jamb width in a door schedule? For example...

Door Unit is a Marvin Clad Ultimate CUFD 3070 S LHIS
      Door Frame Size: 37 7/16" x 86"
      Door Jamb Size: 1 3/16"

Door schedule shows the width as 35-1/16...**37-7/16" - (1-3/16 x 2)** and I want it to show 37-7/16

Is there a macro I can edit to act more like the widow schedule preforms?

Thanks is advance,
      Austin 

• By mborean
      I need to draw a greenhouse window in an as-built drawing such as in the attached photo. The Bay or Box window doesn't work as it   places walls under the three windows.  If there is a symbol out there I can't find it.  Anyone run across this.

Thanks

• By Sweeney
      Hello all, 

Is there an easy way to separate interior and exterior doors into two different schedules?

Thank you in advance,

Austin 

• By verticalworks
      I have a window arrangement that has a space between them and would like to get the inside to look good with the casing so I can render it. Of course I can mull the trapezoid and one casement but cannot add the other due to the distance. Is there a work around for this?