Layout And Plan Templates

HumbleChief

The s.a.m and template methods work the same, You will have to just open and close the elevations sometimes, if you do it Larry's way. To be sure I like to close the plan and layout and just re-open them. Larry have you ever used the update all button? It will update plot lines and live views at the same time.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very helpful - thanks to everyone for the tips. I just tried my new Layout and Plan Template and Saved As the Layout and the plan file to a new folder then saved the plan as a new file and everything linked up fine. The key was in previous posts re: saving within the Layout file to start, then everything seems to link OK with all new revisions.

...... To be sure I like to close the plan and layout and just re-open them......

I think what Perry is saying is..... after you have relinked the plan 2 to layout 2,  he saves and closes both plan and layout to "make it stick".  I do the same thing.  If you can now reopen the plan and the links look good,  all is well.

Hello!

I have a problem!

I have a project (2 A and 3 A) model Arсhiсad.19

How can I convert the file to file "Chief Architect x7"?

thank you

You can't. You can either redraw or export as DWG and try using the CAD to walls tool. Or, you can possibly import the model as a symbol but it's usability is about zero. I would probably just redraw. And you should really start another thread instead of hijacking this one.