Need general design help

randyj302

Hello, 

I'm new to chief architect. I'm a general contractor and I work on a lot of remodel jobs. frequently, the material calculator tool is useful. If only I could get the house drawn up then the material calculator tool could help. I have a project that I am trying to work on now, it involves a lot of chief architect that I don't know too well: roofs, foundations, general designing practices. I am looking for someone who's willing to go through this project with me (hand-holding) or assist in any way. I have played with chief architect for the last few months so i have some knowledge of x6. The other disclosure i have is, when I say remodels, I mean currently existing to changes needed. Ok, "Duh!", right? well, the project I am trying to get through is a house that originally was one story with a gambrel roof and garage attached to back. permits and work went underway in 2007. the roof was taken off, second story was built up, a garage was changed to living space, attic living space was added, and on and on and on. The work was stopped 1/2 way. The list is long but I have plans, pictures, and all of the bullheaded drive to get this thing done. I need to get this place designed up properly so that I can get a scope, materials, and hopefully some education to use on other projects. If you are willing to help with reviewing the mess i have designed now, conversations about separate design issues, etc... please reach out. randyj302@gmail.com i welcome all help :)

I know this sounds like a desperate plea so thanks in advance for pointing that out. 

post-1231-0-62902000-1398581171_thumb.jpg

1861 saint augustine.plan

Randy:

you should re-post this query in the "seeking services" section

then delete your original post

also, you should note if the responder should be local  and where local is

or if they can work via the internet

Lew

I'm a GC too and I learned as much as I could by doing, I then joined CA SSA program which has ton of leaning videos. I needed learn more, much more, so I joined ChiefExperts.com that's when my skill set went from crayons to making full blown working drawings and renderings that I can submit to the building department. Join both and you'll learn all you need to know and more. Ask for Dan Bauman.

Vinnie

I'm a GC too but as Perry said don't rely on the Materials list to be at all accurate , I never have found that to be true unfortunately as it was a purchasing point for me as well, I certainly wouldn't use it for Bidding/pricing a job.  One of the reasons I never upgraded.....yet....

Do some simple models and test it out.

M.

That's my point a p-solid could be anything but you have no way of

addressing this

Perry,

You said:  

Anything made w/ p-solids won't show

Well...they do show and are described pretty well by material, size, etc.

And you can edit them and move them to a different category.

No big deal. :D

Perry,

You said:  

Well...they do show and are described pretty well by material, size, etc.

And you can edit them and move them to a different category.

No big deal. :D

I never use the materials list, I think in the past it never posted to the materials list, shows you how much I use it.