dr0591

Unwanted Railing Gap

Can anyone explain why this gap in the second floor porch railing is happening, and how to fix it?  This should be a continuous railing, not an invitation to jump off the roof.  :-/

Thanks,

Kathleen

post-513-0-29445500-1454281000_thumb.jpg

I would have to see the plan and its settings but number one, I would just draw over that gapped wall, which I assume you already have.

DJP

Thanks, David.  I had tried re-drawing the wall, and the gap kept coming back.  So I just copied the other railing into that spot, and so far it's behaving.  But with Chief, since I don't really understand what's causing this, if I breathe on it wrong, it could reappear!  Keep your fingers crossed.

It looks like the same width as the roof of the bump out.  It could be generating that section as an attic roof.  Just a guess though.

Try attaching a plan, but I would guess that lower roof needs to be pulled back just a bit. Might be creating an attic wall that's taking the railing's place?

Try lowering the shed roof over the window, the gap above matches the length of the shed roof, lowering it may help disconnect it from the upper railing wall.

DJP

The roof plane below might be to far into the wall thus stopping the railing from generating