HaywardVT

Can't Get Rid Of Automatically Created Room Dividers.

Does anyone else notice CA automatically adds room dividers sometimes? I'm assuming it's the way I build my walls and get them in place, but I don't know why I'm not able to delete them. 

Fire house.plan

post-8426-0-78276800-1449855500_thumb.png

Only case I know about, would be when you have Island rooms, rooms must connect to an exterior wall. Chief does that automatically for you. You can put those on a different layer and turn off.

If the walls of the island room are checked as "No Room Definition" the room dividers can be deleted.

The other option is to just turn off the "Walls, Invisible" Layer.

You should not turn off the option to automatically connect island rooms.

Your plan has "island" rooms.  These are interior rooms that are not connected to any exterior walls.  If they are not connected, you will very likely have problems with things like room definitions, floors and ceilings, moldings, and more.

If you don't like where the program put the automatic room dividers, then draw your own and then you can delete the ones the program made.

If you don't want to see the room dividers, then just turn off the layer.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefDallas
    Newest Member
    ChiefDallas

• By decorators3
      I am trying to build a roof .. here are my issues
      1. the auto build is out of wack completely as you can see in the image
      2. the partially built manual roof has 2 gable roofs- one on the left side of the house - one on the other side -But even though they are both 8 pitch they are of different heights (image)
      3. the full over view shows the ceilings..(image)

My issue is how do I build a roof over the angled front of the house .  I have read the tutorials - watched the videos-I would like to have 3 gables (a) left   - (b) middle (angled wall) and (c) right over the garage..

The house has main level 9' and 2nd level 9' with open below for great room - foundation is also full 9' 

I have been working on this for a few days but haven't been able to complete it properly- is it because of the shape of the house??

..welcome any suggestions

THANKS ...I'M TRYING TO FOLLOW ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS 
      ... is it possible that these roof points are creating a problem.  I don't   know how to delete them.  I went into Preferences then architectural  and unchecked AUTOMATICALLY PLACE ROOF INTERSECTION POINTS...BUT STILL THERE. i have removed these temporary points.. i've been working on this roof problem for so long I am missing things..sorryy

wrong pic for roof points

Levina
      caX11

• By 9atatimer
      I'm using X11 premier on a mac -- I have an exterior garage wall (with a centered garage door) and a gable end -- I'd like to split the attic wall of the gable end into 3 parts -- the central region above the garage door, and the left and right, to have a different material above the garage door.

I have Default Settings > Roof > Auto Rebuild Roof set to Off
      I have Default Settings > Framing > Automatically Build Floor and Ceiling Framing Off on all framing types.
      I have Default Settings > Walls > General Walls > Auto Rebuild Attic Walls set to Off

If I delete the roof and ceiling planes with Build > Roof > Delete [X] and then use the Build > Roof > Build Roof ... dialog to rebuild the roof and attic from scratch -- I leave the Auto Rebuild Roofs set to Off, to be clear -- and then edit the resulting gable roof on the attic layer, I can split it twice to produce the three separate wall sections, but once I change the exterior material on any of the sections, the three wall segments get replaced with a single wall again.  The new wall has my selected material, but that does me no good as I need the distinct secgments.

Anyone know what setting do I need to turn off to maintain the manually edited gable end?  Or is this a mac bug?

Or, barring that, does anyone know what approach will let me give the desired finish detail (attached a pic of a freehand elevation)?

• By YoderW
      Hello!

I'm working on a huge plan right now, and it's starting to run really sluggishly so I decided to take some time out to troubleshoot and clean up the file a bit. I've done a few suggested things (purge unused materials and CAD symbols, for example), and moved on to my layers. When I started the file, I imported all individual layers of the CAD file so I could work on the plan bit by bit, but it also resulted in a lot of unnecessary data being added to the scene. I'm trying to go through and delete all the layers I don't need or have finished with, but most of them won't let me. Some will claim there's still something on them despite nothing showing up when I hit Control+A, and others will switch to "Used in defaults," after I deleted everything on them. But I don't know what that means, and I can't figure out where in the defaults they're being used so I can turn it off.

The layers that claim they aren't empty when they should be are bugging me, too. Control+A, zooming out and dragging a box over the scene never select anything for me to delete, but they still say "in use." I may be able to provide a back-up if necessary, though I'm not sure my company will allow it and, again, it's a very large plan. Can anyone help?
    • By Darlene
      Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie and using Architectural 2019.  I placed a railing on the outside edge of my front porch and would like to delete it.  But, every time I try to delete it, the roof goes down to the ground on the porch area.  Can anyone help please?

Thanks, Darlene
    • By jlcDesign
      Gang, I apologize in advance if this was already addressed here, but I couldn't find it.

Often, I am asked to build an addition on a deck-style foundation.  Is there a simple way to do this that doesn't take forever?  I can manipulate the software to eventually do what I want, but there has to be an easier way!