Second Structure

Hoosier_Daddy

I don't think that you need to build the roof manually, although I am not sure how HD Suite works.

If it is the same as Chief, my guess is that you are changing the ceiling heights in the Floor Defaults dbx - with auto roofs toggled on, this will effect all ceiling heights (and thus roofs) that have Default checked in the Room Specification dbx.

So, if this is the case, don't change the floor default ceiling height - change the ceiling height in only the pool house Room Specification dbx.

Otherwise, do as Mick says and go over to the HT forum.

I've been moved over to the forum, but to answer your questions... I have a story and a half that I had to adjust the ceiling height to make work with dormers.  I think this is the reason it is messing up my ceiling when I rebuild roofs.  But, that's what the tutorial shows when building a roof on a house like this.  Very disappointing that this software doesn't allow manual roofs on separate buildings.

..... Very disappointing that this software doesn't allow manual roofs on separate buildings.

Very disappointing that you do not understand that you can do manual roofs on separate buildings.  I do it all the time.

none of the HD products can do manual roofs - except for HD PRO

so Hoosier_Daddy you would need to upgrade to HD PRO or Chief Premier

your other choice is to send your plan to a Chiefer and they could do the roof for you

and set the flag allowing you to read/edit your plan

with the caveat that you can't edit anything that involves features that Suite doesn't have

also the Chief has to have the same compatible version so that you can read/edit the plan 

that they send back

Lew

Lew

none of the HD products can do manual roofs - except for HD PRO.........

Holy Kamoly,  I did not know that.

Someone was asking the other day whether they should use HD or Chief, here is the answer...  get full version so there are no limitations,  especially if this is your profession.  

I apologize Hossier Daddy,  I did not know you were using HD and I do not understand the limitations of HD,  my bad.

Scott:

HD PRO can be a fine starting point

it has many manual features

but it does have limitation too

CA does apply full cost toward an upgrade to Chief Premier if those limitations become an issue

the rest of the HD products are for the DIY homeowners to play around with

Lew

OK, throw the separate structure out the window... even if I add to the house, I have to build a roof on it.  If I do, it raises the second floor and kills everything.  Again, I followed the directions to building a cape code story and a half, so I'm unclear on why this would happen.

Post the plan in your Thread of HT and people will help if they can , me included. 

Things have to be done differently with HD Titles with no Manual roof Planes and most of the Guys here are not familiar with that, as they have the Full CA and they haven't ever had to do it all "Auto", it why I suggested you try over there.

M.