Apple Maps.... Ain't technology amazing.....

dshall

So I have a job to go out and measure.  I need to do an as built.  The  more info up front the better.  Been using google maps to get overheads,  (I think they changed some things),  so I thought I would try Apple maps,  did this awhile ago and was not pleased,  thought I would check it out again.  

Take a look at these pics.  Amazing  (don't you hate that word by now?),  anyway,  it really is incredible the level of  detail I can see.  I can almost draw this house without going out there.

It looks like a bomb hit the house,  but i think that is really a bit of a distortion,  but it isn't too bad.  Not perfect but getting closer.  Now all I need is some topo lines.

post-50-0-11229900-1396614402_thumb.png

post-50-0-58284400-1396614437_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

Get the f out of here.  If I could figure out how to use this thing.....  thanks Kirk......  don't have time to play with it much now,  but it looks kind of neat.  I am not sure how accurate it is for a specific site,  but it looks like I can get some general elevations.

I tried zooming in to my particular  parcel,   and it seems as if there is a limit to how far I can zoom in.  I  could not zoom in too far.  I am sure there is even more stuff that I don't know about,  must look into this further,  thanks again.

Wow,  just found out there is a 30' elevation change from the front of my lot to the rear.....  but I really could not be sure because I could not zoom in far enough to locate elevation point locations accurately.  Do you think there is a way to zoom in very close to a particular site?

Have you been in TJ lately?

It looks like TJ doesn't it?  These homes are in Point Loma,  this home sold for 640,000 back in 2008,  albiet at the top of the market.  But I bet they will still sell for that much.  Another explanation is if you look closely,  you will definitely see some distortions.

Adam,  I do not know if you can access Apple Maps from a PC......  it is an Apple App.