DOOR SCHEDULE

raltd9245

26 posts and not an answer,  I just don't get it.  Can we beat this to death some more?  Here is the question......  how do we all come to a conclusion that we can all understand and agree on.......  it's a rhetorical question......  I wonder how many more posts we can squeeze into this thread before we come up with an answer.

And again once again , the label size is determined by the "Layer Display Options', 'Default Label Style'.... Geez....

Post no. 31,  yep,  that is what I thought,  so why is it not working for Ron?  Because he is using a macro?  Why is he using a macro?  I think I use some macros and the layer display options works for me.  

Unless the "label" is not really a door label or a schedule callout.  If the label was something else, like say a text object or a manually placed callout, then it's size could be controlled differently.

I'm just making WAG's (wild ass guesses) at this point. 

I bet someone could figure it out in 2 minutes if we only had a plan to look at.

I don't know why its not working for 'Ron', God bless him and his endeavor to seek the solution to the pocket door conundrum!

No macros needed!  Just create a 'Text Style' that fits the need.. Its not  rocket science!  Or just change the 'default'...  Sorry, I'm just bent out of shape from what is so simple of an answer...

Again my apologies for being such an "A%% Hole'.....

Bill, I know that answer is good if you do it the standard way, but somehow Ron is using a macro for his door labels,

unconventional so I would have to play around with it to see if it even could be fixed.

I don't know why its not working for 'Ron', God bless him and his endeavor to seek the solution to the pocket door conundrum!

No macros needed!  Just create a 'Text Style' that fits the need.. Its not  rocket science!  Or just change the 'default'...  Sorry, I'm just bent out of shape from what is so simple of an answer...

Again my apologies for being such an "A%% Hole'.....

I just looked at your info. You do not have any friends, now I know why. The bridge troll has more friends than You.

I don't know what the poop was all about.  Labels controlled by layer.   Here is a vid that demonstrates that.  Maybe I am missing something,  but bottom line I was able to control the door label size by the layer which is what Perry was saying from day 1.  Ron,  if I missed something,  please let me know,  I always am interested in what I do not know.

http://youtu.be/WW-ncqZoHL0

I use a Hexagon for my Window Labels and a Circle for Doors.  I know some like to have the size, etc listed directly on the Floor Plan(s) but I prefer having the reference on the Plan and all the rest of the information in the Schedules.

I'm with Joe here. I've tried customizing the labels for each window like (N)3040 X0, but should I change the window, it does not change on the plan. Can get into trouble fast if your not careful.  I found the Architect's method of using symbols that refer to a schedule to be much safer in the long run. Plus cleaner. Just not as easy for a contactor to work with.

Gang and my new friend "P". I never did hear back from the troll under the bridge. I have it figured out. Some of the door stuff in chief still doesn't work well, like most interior doors I use that have locks have only one lock, not an interior and exterior lock. As I keep saying Chief needs architects to co-ordinate their software NOT software architects. In my way of thinking the word is a misnomer they are programmers not architects and in that lies many of the problems with chief.