Exterior window casing

Walleye

Go to solution Solved by Larry_Sweeney,

I was wondering what the quickest way to draw exterior window casing was.

I have messed with the casing size, sill, and lintel. My problem is that the windows are getting a 2x4 casing. But most of my windows are within 6" of each other. Chief draws the side casing piece at 3 1/2" for each window and they overlap each other looking terrible. Is there a way to just change one side or the other of a window's casing? That way I could have one solid piece in between the windows and still have a 3 1/2" piece on the outside edge.

That works for elevations, but on my roof and floor framing plans I have windows display turned off so you can see just the opening. With the windows mulled it shows one big opening instead of the six inches of framing in between.

Is there a way to fix this?

• Solution

This is a work around that I use from time to time. I'll make a short line at the center of each window and color it white (background color) before I mull the windows. Then I manually adjust my dimension to the center of each window. Another area to consider is when you are doing the window schedule there will be more items to "fudge".

• Upvote 2