Set Defaults Tool...... Where Is It......

dshall

I know X7 came out with a new tool for setting defaults.  I do not know where it is.  (I guess it has not been that important for me yet).

Anyway,  which tool is that.........  I am looking to change a particular default for my window universally for all existing windows.

i.e.,  I would like to ONLY CHANGE THE SASH depth for all existing windows....  which tool is that?

thanks guys.

Defaults ?         - the Wrench Icon on the Edit Toolbar

Object Painter ?     - the Eyedropper Icon with "O" on Top Toolbar

Match Properties ?  - the Match Properties Icon on the Edit Toolbar

These all do different but similar things.  You need to explain a little more what you want to do.  The "Object Painter" was added in X7.

Defaults ?         - the Wrench Icon on the Edit Toolbar

Object Painter ?     - the Eyedropper Icon with "O" on Top Toolbar

Match Properties ?  - the Match Properties Icon on the Edit Toolbar

These all do different but similar things.  You need to explain a little more what you want to do.  The "Object Painter" was added in X7.

The wrench sets the defauts for any NEW WINDOWS that will be added.

The object painter does what?

The match properties works for rooms....  and ?  But it does not work for windows.

I will try to explai what I am looking to do.  I have one window that has a sash inset of 1".  I have 10 windows with an inset of 2".  I want 5 of the 10 windows that have a 2" inset to have a 1" inset.   Is there a way to choose that particular attribute  (the 1" offset)  and then "paint" 5 of the windows so they too have the 1" inset.

I know Perry's solution works,  thanks P.,  I guess I was thinking with the new tool I could do this.

I suppose I do  not understand the value of the OBJECT PAINTER tool and how I would use it.

Like Joe I thought things like Sashes which have Dynamic Defaults (D) changed on all windows if the Default window was changed ...No? 

Yes,   I think Joe simplified what is going on,  anything with a (D) gets the setting from the defaults.

I am still confused about the new tool,  the OBJECT PAINTER (Joe's name) or the OBJECT EYEDROPPER  (CA's name).  Are they one in the same?  If they are one in the same,  what does this tool do.  Does it take ALL OF THE ATTRIBUTES from a window and copy those attributes to a second window?  And if so,  maybe I do not want all attributes from one window assigned to another window.  

Scott,

Select the Object Eyedropper and the press F1.

Read the Help File.  ;)  It will tell you what you want to know.

Nice -  didn't know you could do that , thanks for another Tip Joe.

It's pretty standard in most Apps. Whatever function/tool you are using - F1 should pop up the help. Chief is very good about that and it's a real great way to get a refresher on how to do something.

In fact, with Chief if you select an object and hit F1 - it will bring up a list of possible training videos related to editing objects.  You can scroll down thru the help file or click on a training video.  Using Chief's built in help and tutorials is very handy.

In fact, with Chief if you select an object and hit F1 - it will bring up a list of possible training videos related to editing objects.  You can scroll down thru the help file or click on a training video.  Using Chief's built in help and tutorials is very handy.

Two Gems in one day , thanks again  .....think this is what Scott calls a Nugget isn't it :)  my learning for today...