Do Railing Walls Show A Fill Color...

HumbleChief

It depends on the Rail Style. I can get hatch fills to show up with a Solid rail, but I can never get solid fills to show up with any style rail.

That's it,  if it is a solid wall you get the wall fill in plan....  not what I want....  but if I do balusters I get a white fill on my railing in plan view.  I finally get it.....  but it ain't right..... I don't care what my railing is....  open,  closed,  with balusters.....  I don't care....  I should get a non-filled wall.

This is very Important to understand....  we must choose a wall type with several layers for situations where the ballister railing/solid railing is actually the edge of a floor platform.

Thanks Racklamore,  I finally understand what changes the plan view of the railing and the way it is set up now is wrong.

post-50-0-42777700-1431446743_thumb.png

Thanks as always Scott but in this case I want a dark filled railing in plan view (that's my new wall notation) and can only get the white fill as you show. No big deal in this case but I agree there should be more flexibility for the plan view of railing walls.

Yea,  but it too is not totally correct because it will show the wall finish (double line at each side of wall).

That's true for a half wall, but if you copy the wall type and use black (or whatever) line colors and fill for all of the layers the lines go away.

For a true railing, the hatching will work.

I did these by adding hatching and then editing the hatch to be solid.

The one on the left has "Draw Newels/Balusters" checked, the other doesn't.

post-1204-0-59522200-1431452266_thumb.jpg

post-1204-0-56500000-1431452272_thumb.jpg

Personally, I like to have the main layers of the walls white/clear and the sheetrock and sheathing solid (but print clear).  

For rails I show hatching for a half wall and the newels/balusters for a railing.

post-1204-0-87282400-1431453586_thumb.jpg

You can define a single layer wall, without fill and it will display in plan without fill, even if it is defined as a Solid rail.

You can display the walls any way you want.

ie, if your wall definition has a fill, a solid railing using that wall definition will have a fill.

If your wall definition doesn't have a fill, a solid railing using that wall definition will not have a fill

It all depends on what wall definition your railing uses.

If you need a multilayered wall,  you can use white lines for any wall layers that you don't want to print