What Is Going On With My Backsplash?

Nicinus

You are possessed by demons, get them exercised ASAP.

Such questions are usually expectant of "what is the origin or cause of such things", frankly I haven't a clue, I know you can fix the appearance with the placement of soffits, material regions, the relatively new custom backsplash tool and poly-line solid placement, none of which explain the phenomena. You require a technical explanation then call Tech Support and or share the file so others can look and see what is what.

DJP

I suspect that there's a Filler at that location that doesn't have a backsplash.  Or perhaps the backsplash is supposed to dependent on the wall cabinets above and it doesn't go all the way to the end wall.

Post the Plan and someone will figure it out. 

Thanks all, I've studied all comments but nothing seems to apply. I will call support, this is work for third party so unfortunately I can't share this plan on a public forum.

Just delete everything except the problem area and attach that. 

What might help is to know what tools you are using to create the backsplash. Base cabinet DBX, Upper cabinet DBX or Wall Material Region tool or a combination of these. If you are using the Material Region then make sure the material thickness is correct especially if the cabinet below has the backsplash set in the DBX, the thicker one can mask out the other one. Looks, as Joe commented above, that there is a filler between the base cab and the wall. If so is the height & thickness & material set correctly in the Cab DBX or maybe it should be turned off (set height to 0") if you are using the Material Region Tool.

Graham