Update And Thank You

Evolution

It has been a long while since I had issues that I needed help with from the GREAT people on this forum. Partially because Glenn Woodward had taken me UNDER HIS wing but mainly because I haven't given up!

Gotten frustrated? Sure have, but giving up is just not an option.

I was chided a time or two for asking what some thought were questions that would have answered themselves if I had done the right studying and searching the threads here, the user guide, and all the videos that have been provided for OUR benefits! LORD knows how many hours I spent doing ALL of THAT with a looming dead line to get from schematic to const. docs.

I thought when I completed the construction plans on the Lake house it was finished. What started out to be a "simple" home plan 3K/sqft is now a 6000 sq ft mansion on the hill side. When I sited it,  I DID MY BEST to place it for optimal view of the lake, but EARLY on the client decided it wasn't the best use of the land and siting it differently at a 12 degree angle from the existing house, SO I COMPLIED.

The builder and the client both got CA X6 viewer and I kept them updated as I went until const-doc's were completed. Of course sent all the layout files for printing which they've done.

So here we are when I thought I was finished, but IMAGINE my surprise when the client emailed a new sketch of the site plan, with the house now sited back the way I had started out. Apologetically he asked if I would revise the plans to now show the house at 90 degrees from the existing summer house because HE and HIS builder had started laying it out for the site work, and the original placement would GIVE THE BEST VIEW OF THE LAKE! Of course I will ;-( 

My GOOD friend Glenn has offered some ideas as to how it might be simplified (but to quote HIM "it will be messy") and I have used most of them, and IT HAS BEEN messy so far.

I am getting there though and, I WILL get there eventually. SO with all this verbosity I just want to say THANKS TO ALL who helped get me down the road with X6 and I WILL persevere, hopefully without BUGGING you ALL to death! ;-) 

Bob,

Not much consulation now, but in the future do what I do. If I have a major revision like that I save the original so I can go back. I also chareg a large revision fee. This tends to keep the changes down to a managable number.

I did save the original but that's so far back that it would take more time to complete now than to keep going ahead the way I am. The client has offered to pay (of course, it's HIS mistake) and I am keeping track of the time. The big issue is he wants/needs it now and I just started a new job and can only work on it a couple hours at night (when I get off work and I'm worn out) you know the routine.

Bob,

I will be sending you my invoice for a large revision fee! :)

Bob is a user who I really like helping because I can see that he has invested a lot of time and effort in learning Chief and pushing his skills as far as possible.

He is quite prepared to jump in and bite the bullet.

What he has created from what was originally a limited understanding of Chief, is truly amazing.

Sure, he has been frustrated (very!) at times, but he has created something truly amazing and I know that any future projects he gets to do in Chief will be a breeze based on what he has gone through on this project.

Maybe when the latest round of amendments are finished, Bob could post a pic of what he has achieved.