Toilet Partitioning

RobWhite

I am attempting to draw toilet partitioning. I seems to work well expect when I raise the door 150mm (6") off the floor the to create an opening/gap below the door, the wall automatically generate wall panel under the door so there is no gap. 

Is there a method to retain the gap?

Using CA X7

Joe, you are talking to the uninitiated when it comes to symbols in Chief.

So it cannot be a door from the Chief library (or from any manufacture library?), it has to be a door that was created as, or converted to a symbol. Yes?  So I have a door that a user posted a little while back (can I assume it is a symbol?). And the z origin: This is the Floor to Bottom distance? So when I do this, even though Use Threshold is unchecked, I don't get a gap. What do you think?

post-571-0-10070400-1427294516_thumb.jpg

Mickey,

You have to open the Symbol dbx by right clicking on the item in the Library and selecting the little chair icon.  Set the Z-Origin there.  After that, any door you place will be raised off the floor.

While you can't do this directly in the Chief Library or a Manufacturer Library, you can copy those symbols to your user Library and make those edits there.

Just another piece on info. The wall cover in the room menu must not be used in order for wall height to be edited in elevation views. This caused a little frustration but more so a sign once i managed to work it out. Mind you before working it out I had produce a whole partition system in sketchup. Now I have both!