Missing Fascia

westvale

With a look at the plan file I could tell you exactly how to fix it, otherwise I can offer up a couple of guesses.

• perhaps you have shadow boards turned off on that edge of the roof plane. Select that edge and inspect the shadow board settings
  • perhaps that roof edge is slightly 'off angle' causing a modelling problem
  • perhaps the gable fascia has been removed or altered for that roof plane. Inspect the fascia settings compared to other roofs.
  • Like 1

Post the plan for sure. When roof trim won't show up, it's often because it's got interference. 

What's happening is that the lower roof isn't allowing the upper section enough breathing room to reveal itself. 

Either the upper roof doesn't have a *break* and it's it's colliding with the lower...

or vice versa.

Essentially the rake board on that upper is being choked out by the lower roof. 

Snip20240821_79.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, westvale said:

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to get a fascia on the place where it's missing in this screenshot? 

image.thumb.png.b3e185fa69f6dfcb1b72cce2b85162cd.png

Impossible to tell without the plan file but I would venture a pretty good guess that your manually placed roof planes are not square.  Select that edge of the roof plane in plan view and open up and look at that selected edge to see if its at 90 degrees.

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time to provide a suggestion for me.  I've taken a good look at the edges do appear to be at 90 degrees.  I was really hoping it wasn't so I could fix it but it still doesn't have fascia.  I'd post the file but it's way too big. 

5 hours ago, robdyck said:

With a look at the plan file I could tell you exactly how to fix it, otherwise I can offer up a couple of guesses.

• perhaps you have shadow boards turned off on that edge of the roof plane. Select that edge and inspect the shadow board settings
  • perhaps that roof edge is slightly 'off angle' causing a modelling problem
  • perhaps the gable fascia has been removed or altered for that roof plane. Inspect the fascia settings compared to other roofs.

Thanks for your suggestions!  I can never post my plans because the files are too big. I checked the "Structure" of that roof plane with that edge checked and the gable fascia checkbox was unchecked - that was the ticket!  Now I have a smaller issue with the shadow boards not matching. I compared most of the settings and almost everything matches.  I did notice that the "Fascia Top Height" and "Shadow Boards Top Height" don't match between the two roof planes, but I can't seem to be able to fix it.  If I try to adjust these to match, either the pitch goes off, of the ridge top height.  I found the same sort of issue on another gable end.  You would think the planes are not matching but everything looks spot on in plan.  I'm going to try sharing the file via Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/52xdx0u55oi0eughpdzej/Pate-07-31-24.plan?rlkey=r49ggohelidtd7k54fwclwx3h&dl=0

image.thumb.png.2af62d9194bed195a1fd0ae2d99adc44.pngimage.thumb.png.50d98b060bf5e57d5774d9a9ecf62ea6.pngimage.thumb.png.520be3efe8a9ee6748523f5f894dfaff.png

4 minutes ago, westvale said:

I can never post my plans because the files are too big. I checked the "Structure" of that roof plane with that edge checked and the gable fascia checkbox was unchecked - that was the ticket!  Now I have a smaller issue with the shadow boards not matching. I compared most of the settings and almost everything matches.  I did notice that the "Fascia Top Height" and "Shadow Boards Top Height" don't match between the two roof planes, but I can't seem to be able to fix it.  If I try to adjust these to match, either the pitch goes off, of the ridge top height.  I found the same sort of issue on another gable end.  You would think the planes are not matching but everything looks spot on in plan.

For large files you'd need to post a drop box or google drive link.

You can use the edit all roof planes tool to adjust the shadow board properties. Specific solutions require the plan file or an online session with someone who provides training; consultation; troubleshooting.

Post the plan file and someone will adjust and send it back to you.

Work with a consultant and you'll learn some tips that will apply to every project.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robdyck said:

For large files you'd need to post a drop box or google drive link.

You can use the edit all roof planes tool to adjust the shadow board properties. Specific solutions require the plan file or an online session with someone who provides training; consultation; troubleshooting.

Post the plan file and someone will adjust and send it back to you.

Work with a consultant and you'll learn some tips that will apply to every project.

Thanks! Do you have anyone you'd recommend? 

When working in the roof plan, try adjusting these layers:

• turn on the roof baseline layer, something bright and obvious
  • turn on walls, main layer only. This will help you see where the roof baseline should be located.
  • turn on roof dimension layer

These roof planes are located incorrectly. Adjust their baseline to the exterior of the wall. Fix the eave dimensions. Re-snap the roof planes. Reset the shadow board for all roof planes.

image.thumb.png.0d88f6742568a378e9bda37696a8fc87.png

1 minute ago, westvale said:

Thanks! Do you have anyone you'd recommend? 

Me! I sent you a personal message earlier today. I'm not fishing for work, just letting you know I'm available. Just takes a conversation to find out what you need and how I can help, whether it's troubleshooting, or helping if your workload gets too heavy!

You can find my contact info by visiting my website (link in my signature) or in the message I sent.