Ray Trace too dark

westvale

1 hour ago, Designers_Ink said:

Can you post the .plan file so we an see your lighting, sun and camera settings?  

I've never done it before... it's telling me the file is too big.  I'll share a screenshot.

1 hour ago, JLU_Design said:

My guess is you may want to adjust your exposure.

image.thumb.png.9dbe7daf322fe24e39cdfc6cb1b51386.png

JLU_Design thank you!  I wasn't aware of this setting and it's making all the difference!  I'm so grateful for your suggestion! 

131826003_Screenshot2024-06-25150932.thumb.png.67cb2d565f3ca0c0af4c7518d5b83f95.png

Drop your daytime backdrop levels to about 300. Change your sun intensity to about 400 and then you might want to add some general lighting (light sources) with shadows off. I tend to scatter those around to fill in dark zones (lower cabinet faces...) Make sure to check in your camera how many lights can be used. Bump that number up as it defaults to a pretty low number if you have lights in a full house as opposed to only one room (44? may be the default)

If you use a backdrop, it will really affect your light color. I tend to drop the recessed light to about 200 and take the color very slightly yellow so they don't glow around the edges

• Like 1

924627153_rendersettings.thumb.png.4951bbd1ac23ea0a0d909bb5e14e21e6.png

I use 3000 for daytime and .4 for exposure...works great, try that. Also I always adjust sun using move sun option to bring sunlight into model.

On 6/26/2024 at 8:09 AM, westvale said:

I've never done it before... it's telling me the file is too big.  I'll share a screenshot.

try zip or compress the file see if that gets it below 14meg right click the file compress to zip file