CA keeps Crashing in 3D

OnlineBuilder2

Anytime I get that error code or warning it usually means your video card drivers are out of date. I had a three month old driver and had to replace or update my driver in order for CA X15 to work. CA any version can display that warning when your video card drivers are in need of updating.

I've had this same error come up since I got a newer desktop PC about a year ago. I've tried updating and backdating video drivers, the studio drivers, the gaming drivers, it makes no difference.

It always happens to me while changing any room's floor elevation (usually from plan view)  while I have a 3D camera view open.

I've just learned to live with it since I know what's going to trigger it, although it does bite me once in a while when I forget about closing the 3D view and haven't manually saved in a couple of minutes.

Chief is the only software that gives me any problems like this, and I play a few demanding video games occasionally that my system handles with no issues. My system specs are very close to the OP's, including the liquid cooling.

Not sure why you are using X12 if you have X14 (according to your signature).  You might want to see if you have the same problems using X14.

FWIW, here is Chief's tech article (which may or may not help with problems in X12 or X14):

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html

It always happens to me while changing any room's floor elevation (usually from plan view)  while I have a 3D camera view open.

@tundra_dweller Have you tried reporting this to tech support?  This sounds oddly specific so it might really be a program bug instead of just a video card problem.