Align top of text with leader line?

rwaldrondesigns

When I put leaders with text on my drawings, the default centers the text vertically with the leader line. What this means is that if I have several notes, it gets muddy and unclear as to what notes belong to what leader. I'd like to update it so that my leader line aligns with the first row of text or the top of the text box, rather than the center. Does anyone know how to do this?

thank you!!

Try clicking on the leader line and dragging the end handle to where you want it.  You might need to turn off angle snaps or hold the control key down but you should be able to drag it along the side of the box to put it where you want it.  Just make sure that your leader still has a closed circle instead of an open square for the end handle if you want it to stay attached to the text.

If this doesn't help, then post a picture of what you are trying to do.

take me to your leader.jpg

19 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

Try clicking on the leader line and dragging the end handle to where you want it.

I think Rachel is looking for a default setting instead of manual adjustment.  I don't think there is one, but could be wrong.

• Like 1

@rwaldrondesignswhy not go ahead right now and compose a suggestion that Chief have an option for this?

Preferences>Appearance>Text seems like the right place to have it.  Something like "Attach leader lines to text at font center first line of block" might be clear enough to understand.  Right now the attachment defaults to center of block, and the attachment point can be dragged to snap to block corners and midpoints sides and top and bottom.

Your option, if checked, would give you what you want, and also give users an additional snap point for moving the leader attachment point.

6 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

@rwaldrondesignswhy not go ahead right now and compose a suggestion that Chief have an option for this?

Preferences>Appearance>Text seems like the right place to have it.  Something like "Attach leader lines to text at font center first line of block" might be clear enough to understand.  Right now the attachment defaults to center of block, and the attachment point can be dragged to snap to block corners and midpoints sides and top and bottom.

Your option, if checked, would give you what you want, and also give users an additional snap point for moving the leader attachment point.

Just to confirm, you're saying this as a hypothetical, not as something that currently exists?