Has anyone else had line color changes--tech support cannot solve this.

Ed_Orum

I was on the phone yesterday with tech support for over an hour trying to figure out why a cad line on a certain layer in a certain drawings has two colors!

When the  line is drawn horizontally, it is blue (the line is supposed to be blue).  If drawn vertically, the line is black.

When drawn horizontally, then turning a segment vertically, the horizontal portion was blue and the vertical portion black.
Disconnecting the cad line segments is no help either, as the segments retained either the blue or black depending on the line orientation.  I did not try to draw one at an angle for fear of blowing up my computer.

Tech support tried everything...reinstalled video driver, checked drive for errors, checked program for problems.  I uploaded the plan to tech support and on their end she said it was performing as it should.  She tried everything (she was great, and should probably get a raise) but to no avail.
I was just wondering if anyone has ever had an issue like this.
It is only in that one plan, and only on that one Cad Layer.

Regards,
Lane

Wrong on the screen?  Or wrong when sent to layout?  Or wrong when sent to a pdf?

When you say "certain drawings", do you mean plan views, elevation views, cad details, or on a layout page?

The reason I ask all of these questions is because depending on when and where this is happening it could be caused by a completely different problem.  For example, if it is only wrong on the screen then it might be video card related but if it is only wrong when sent to a pdf then it is probably pdf driver related.

You should either post the plan on the forum or get back with tech support.

Wrong on the screen, wrong in the layout.  Don't know about a PDF.

The certain drawing means it ony happens in one drawing, in CAD detail.
I was on the phone yesterday with tech support, sent them the entire plan, she could not duplicate the error, meaning it's something on my end.

Checked the video card, but I think I am going to reinstall windows to see if that solves the problem.

3 hours ago, scottharris said:

Lane, can you post the file?

Yes, but first I am going to reinstall windows to see if that solves it.
I was on with Dell support today and they did extensive testing, and think its a windows issue.

If reinstalling it does not work, I can post the plan, but if you have access to the tech support cases, I sent the plan to tech support yesterday.

5 hours ago, Ed_Orum said:

Checked the video card, but I think I am going to reinstall windows to see if that solves the problem.

If it were my problem, I'd post plan file here first, before I started re-installing software. Just a thought...there's so many people here ready to help. You never know what someone else may find.

15 hours ago, javatom said:

Perhaps a monitor problem.  Does the problem show up if viewed on a different monitor?

Its the same on both monitors, same if attached through display port or other adaptor.  

Apparently it is a windows 11 issue.

On 2/2/2024 at 8:45 AM, scottharris said:

Lane, can you post the file?

Scott,

It turned out to be corrupt window file(s).
After doing a clean windows reinstall, Chief works fine.

Lane

• Upvote 2