Vector Pattern Doesn't Show On Interior Of Curved Wall

rlackore

Robert,

I was able to get the block to show on the interior by adding a 0 thickness layer to the wall type with the block material.

A funny thing happened when I did so - the wall appeared to jump in the +Z direction. (see where highlighted selection is in the image) If you try this, let me know if that happens to you as well.

post-65-0-67128300-1424886204_thumb.jpg

Robert,

I was able to get the block to show on the interior by adding a 0 thickness layer to the wall type with the block material.

A funny thing happened when I did so - the wall appeared to jump in the +Z direction. (see where highlighted selection is in the image) If you try this, let me know if that happens to you as well.

I tried your method - it worked except that I had to have a non-zero layer on the inside. The new wall also did the +Z direction jump.

I checked with the rainbow tool your materials, and you don't seem to have the,   "S:\Chief Architect\BDS Catalog\Materials\Textures\Masonry Block 8x16 Stretcher Diffuse.png" material available for that wall. anotherwards ,No texture.

I checked with the rainbow tool your materials, and you don't seem to have the,   "S:\Chief Architect\BDS Catalog\Materials\Textures\Masonry Block 8x16 Stretcher Diffuse.png" material available for that wall. anotherwards ,No texture.

No, I have the texture - it's custom, the path you queried is a network path. It's included in the zip file of the plan.

The vector view pattern on my curved wall shows on the exterior:

attachicon.gifcurvedshowvector.png

...but not on the interior:

attachicon.gifcurvednoshowvector.png

This is very annoying when shooting elevations and sending to layout. Has anyone else experienced this problem, or know of a solution?

Robert,  now FLIP WALL LAYERS,  now you have pattern on interior but not exterior.....  

I tried this in X7 on my own Plan.  Chief's default 8" CMU Wall Type was missing the pattern on the Interior Face.  I added a zero thickness Layer with that material and everything is good.  Both in the dbx and in the 3D Views.  Standard and Vector Views show the material on both sides of the wall.

Am I doing something different than everyone else - other than using my own Plan vs Robert's Plan ?

Thanks for that JC,  but we should not have to do that.

No Argument.  It would appear to be a problem with Chief's Wall Type definition....  or the way the program is reading those definitions.

Does it happen with any other single thickness wall types?

To answer my own question...Yes, it happens with the Glass Block Wall Type as well.  I suspect that this is true for all single thickness Wall Types.  There needs to be an Interior Face material within the "Main Layers.

No Argument.  It would appear to be a problem with Chief's Wall Type definition....  or the way the program is reading those definitions.

Does it happen with any other single thickness wall types?

To answer my own question...Yes, it happens with the Glass Block Wall Type as well.  I suspect that this is true for all single thickness Wall Types.  There needs to be an Interior Face material within the "Main Layers.

I agree, after experimenting it appears that it's an issue with curved walls that have only a main layer. As soon as I assign a second layer - to the interior OR the exterior of the single main layer, I get the correct pattern on the interior face.