Created plans by scanning in floor plan and now want to add terrain for landscaping but no Terrain plan option available

Brian-TKBD

Sorry for the long title. I created a plan for a remodel project by scanning in floor plans. Now I would like to work on some landscaping for this home and I cannot change to Terrain Plan view since it's not an option given.

Is there a way to turn that option on or do I need to start a new plan and import these plans into it? Sorry, but still learning this program and didn't find anything when searching.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry. As I said learning and don't know the lingo. I imported PDF architectural drawings and traced the floor plan and from their designed all the rooms to be remodeled. Now I would like to do some landscaping but appears I don't have the ability to change to the Terrain plan view for that portion. I know I am missing something as I am a newbie.

Thanks

I am using Chief Architect X15 and for some reason when I select Terrain configuration and want to change plan views I don't have the option for Terrain plan view. Maybe it's not a big deal and I can still do some of the landscape stuff without Terrain Plan view. I am just confused as to why I don't have a lot more plan views available.

image.thumb.png.23e9b2ee002f01c262b61ff20f04138a.png

It looks like the "Terrain Plan View" is missing from your plan.  Did you start your plan using the default template that was installed with Chief?   Did you modify the default template that was installed with Chief?

Regardless, you can always create your own saved plan view and set it up to use whatever layer set and defaults you want.  You could also import saved plan views from a different plan that has the ones you want.

Yes, if I recall I used the default residential template. I cannot remember if I modified it since it's been a while since I started the original project and traced in the floor plan from a PDF. I think I need to take a class :) I have watched a lot of videos but most are for the older versions and if I don't use CA consistently than I forget :(.

I am hoping I turned a feature or setting off so I can just enable to use in my existing plans.

By chance when you said scanned into chief you used a service such as Canvas to scan a project and had them provide the .plan file to use in chief?  If this is what you mean by your description the file you received does not have the same settings/configurations as your template plan.  In this case you are seeing they do not have a site or terrain saved plan view.

The architect/engineer provided me the plans. I imported the PDF and traced the floor plan and set the scale. From there I did all the interior designs for the home. Now we are moving to doing some landscape work and when I was looking for the terrain or plot plan views I noticed those were missing as well as many others. I have since found the parcel through my county assessors site but it imports several parcels in a PDF. Now I need to trace my parcel in. I am hoping I can import the other completed plans. 

Bare in mind I am self taught watching lots of videos, but believe I should take a course on the basics just not sure where to start.